07 | FAMILY

Reyhaan's POV

I stir up a little in my bed against the sheets, when my face suddenly feels wet. Slowly I open my eyes and I am able to see a blurred view of my younger sister Rysa along with Dhruv's younger sister Nysa. I can hear them shuffling in the sheets and giggling. I squeeze my eyes shut and open them back now with a more clearer view.

Rubbing my eyes I wake up sitting back straight and take my phone to check the time, the screen reads 7:45 am.

Looking back at them, annoyed, I ask "what are you both doing here?"

They giggle and reply simultaneously "Dadi has asked us to wake you up"

"and why the heck does my face feel so wet?" I ask in confusion to which Rysa shows me a jug of water with a mischievous smile on her face.

"Of course stupid of me to ask. You both are becoming troublesome as you grow." I comment while looking at them.

They laugh at me "bhaiya you are stupid, good that you realized" Nysa say's.

"You have a big mouth. Is that how you speak to your big brother? You just wait and watch. I will tell Chachu to cut your monthly allowance." I feign anger.

{A/N: Dadi refers to Grandma & Chachu refers to Dad's younger brother}

She widens her eyes and pouts at me "NO. you can't do that. Why are you so mean?" I look at Rysa, who knows I'm kidding, and we both start laughing at her.

"Okay now both of you get out. Tell Dadi that I will be there in 45 minutes." I say and they start walking towards the door when I call them again "Wait, is Dhruv up?"

"Yup, just woke him up before coming here." Rysa replies I nod at her and she leaves, closing the door behind.

Nysa is Dhruv's younger sister who is one year younger to Rysa and they are inseparable. If you see either one of them then you can easily find the other. They do everything together - crying, laughing, pranking, sleeping.

I stand up stretching my body. I walk towards the washroom to do my business. Once done I come out in a towel with wet hair and change into formal pants and t-shirt because I go to office when there is no college or practice.

Tucking my shirt in, I wear my cufflinks then spray some cologne on my neck and lastly I wear my watch. Glancing once at the mirror, I start walking down to the dining hall where I find my entire family laughing and chatting. 

Dad and Dadu (grandpa) sit on the heads of the table. Next to them are their wives and Chachu sits on the other side of Dad with Chachi on the opposite. Us 5 kids sit on the remaining chairs.

"Good morning everyone" I greet them all and everyone turns towards me to greet me as well. I take my usual seat where Dhruv and Rysa sit on either side.

"Reyhaan, Dhruv, are you coming to the office today?" My dad asks the both of us

"Yes dad" "Yes uncle" We both say simultaneously and he nods at us.

I look at the empty seat and my eyes automatically search for my older sister, Meera di. When I'm about to ask for her, I hear her voice "Good Morning. sorry I'm late" Sitting on her chair, she gives me a soft smile which I return.

She clears her throat and says "So there is something I want to say" She pauses to look if she has everyone's attention and then continues "So um I have a boyfriend and I want to marry him" I choke on my salvia once she completes her statement.

Say what now? Marriage? Boyfriend? What the fuck is happening in this house?

Everyone stops eating, their mouths wide open gawking at her in disbelief.