25 | HALCYON

Reyhaan's POV

"Rysa I'm not coming with you all for shopping" I say for the hundredth time but she doesn't understand a word

"Bhaiya please" She gives me her infamous puppy eyes, which she knows very well that no one can resist.

"Okay fine" I give in and she hugs, thanking me too many times "I love you so much. You're the best"

"Yeah yeah I love you too" I reply while hugging her back

She then goes to her room to freshen up, as we are back from the gym. On holidays we go together because during weekdays I go early in the morning while she goes after her school. She insisted on going together so that we can do something together. Just the two of us, which I look forward to.

An hour later after showering I come downstairs to the dining hall, to find dadu reading the newspaper and dadi on her phone waiting for everyone.

"Morning" I say, making them look up. They smile seeing me

"Are you going out anywhere today?" Dadu asks, looking at me in jeans instead of my regular home clothes.

"Yeah" I nod while pouring some juice in a glass "I'm going for wedding shopping along with the ladies"

"Why do you sound so uninterested?" Dadi asks me amused

"Because I am. I can't go shopping with these people. Just selecting a shop will take more than an hour. Imagine the time they will take to actually shop" I reply while having a toast

"I can totally agree. Your grandma was also like that" Dadu whispers. I bite back a chuckle

Dadi narrows her eyes and asks "What did you say?"

"That you have great taste in shopping" He immediately corrects

They've been married for 53 years now and their love is still so strong. So rare to see something like this.

"Rysa told me you're also coming for shopping?" Meera di asks with humor lacing her voice, as she walks to us

"Yup" I say emphasizing on the 'p'

After touching dadu and dadi's feet for blessing, she sits next to dadi. Slowly everyone comes down, as we talk about the arrangements and guest lists and so many other things. After finishing our breakfast at around 10:30 we finally decided to leave because it'll take more than 30 minutes to reach the boutique.

"Rey, I forgot my wallet in my room. I'll be back" He says while going back to his room. I sit on the sofa while opening Whatsapp messages.

It's been three days since the party, and I've gotten busy with the launch of our new collection. Neel has sent a drive link to the group which consists of all the photos we took that day. I opened it to see it as I didn't have time.

I scroll through them one by one, there are many but one particular image stands out. Mine and Aadhya. The first picture of us together. Our hands on each other's waist. She is laughing at something Sid said, while I'm looking at her with a smile.

She looked mesmerizing in that saree. An absolute treat to sore eyes. She carried it with elegance and I meant when I said I couldn't take my eyes off her the entire evening. Her glowing skin was enough to light up the entire room. She took my breath away instantly. Not just me, I know she had drawn way too many eyes and I wanted to rip each one of their eyes off. No one has the right to see her like this.

That belly chain she wore was literally the death of me. It unraveled the thoughts which I shouldn't be thinking of. She managed to make me out of control every single time.