23 | DANCE PARTNERS

Reyhaan's POV

When you hate someone with passion, it so happens that even 6 feet of a distance separating you is dangerous, because you never know when you lose your control. Like being around Jai. But sometimes you don't necessarily need to like someone to have a proper conversation with them. Like Aadhya.

That woman has flipped my world since I met her. I hate her guts and she hates mine. The more I try to distance myself from her, the more I'm drawn to her. She's like the only source of light in my darkness.

We're polar different from each other, even in the smallest of smallest detail. The only common thing between us is the difficulty to trust and the absence of a parent. Being with her on the cliff 2 days back, somehow felt right.

Without words she showed that I could count on her. People pity and sympathize when they get to know your mom is dead, but she didn't. When I usually say my opinion about dad's wife, people usually try to make me feel guilty, but it was nice that for a change someone didn't do that.

She told me that it was okay to feel that way. That it didn't make me a bad person.

I always assumed that she had a happy complete family, which kind of made me envy and hate her. I have a loving family too but I just can't move on from the fact that my mom is dead and my dad remarried in the hope that we can be one again.

But he was wrong. I can still feel the void of mom every time I breathe. She took a piece of me with herself and I don't think this space will ever be filled.

I brush these thoughts away as I'm done with one of my classes. I walk towards the café along with Dhruv who is talking about something from today's lecture. The bell chimes when I open the door of the cafe, I then walk to the cashier ordering a black coffee. Within a few minutes of taking the coffee, we walk where everyone is sitting.

"Heyy" I say and everyone looks at me while saying a synchronized "hey"

There are 4 free chairs. Dhruv sits next to Anaya but there is one free chair on the other side of him and two between Utkarsh and Aadhya. Without a second thought I sat next to Aadhya after ruffling her hair.

Ever since the past two days I have a strange urge to never leave her alone. To always protect her from the demons in real life. Like her ex or her father. I need to see her smile. I fucking despise them.

"Stop it you idiot" She says trying to concentrate researching something, making me chuckle

Utkarsh looks at me with raised eyebrows questioning me and I raise my eyebrows back. When I look around, I find Sid and Dhruv with the same expression at which I roll my eyes.

I look at Aadhya who is about to take a bite of her half done sandwich. I take her sandwich and have a bite of it, while she looks at me with murderous eyes.

I innocently add "I was just hungry"

"Then get yourself one instead of stealing mine" She snaps while taking her sandwich back

"Too bad but I like yours" I reply with a smirk

"God you're so annoying" She groans making my smirk widen

When I look forward everyone looks at us like we have horns grown on our heads.

"What?" I ask and now they smirk, making me shake my head. They are helpless. I take out my laptop along with a notebook and pen, as we all continue with our work.

***

"I hate my economics professor. She is a fucking devil. She literally corrected and gave my assignment two days back and now she wants me to submit it like tomorrow. Its not like the corrections are pretty small, there is so much to do and she just doesn't understand '' We listen to Aditi complaining about her professor.