The Party

The first guest to arrive were their new neighbors, Ethan and Noah.

A couple of hours had passed and everyone had arrived. And the darker it had gotten, the crazier it was.

"Where have you been?" Hannah asks Mason.

"Oh, you know here and there," Mason says pointing in random directions.

"I see that you have already found your way to all the Lakewood girls," Hannah says gesturing to all the new hickeys on Mason's neck.

"What can I say? I'm irresistible." Mason teases.

"Have fun, bachelor," Hannah says sarcastically as she walks away from Mason.

Hannah finds her way over to Ethan. Ethan seems kinda bored. Hannah can tell just by his posture that parties aren't his scene.

"Hey, neighbor," Hannah says.

"Hey," Ethan replies.

"You having fun?" Hannah asks even though she knows his real answer to that question.

"Yep. I mean what's better than free booze?" Ethan says sarcastically making Hannah laugh.

"How's the drinks?" Hannah asks.

"Tasty," Ethan replies not hiding his sarcasm very well.

"I know it's cheap beer from a grocery store. I'll show you the good stuff." Hannah says taking Ethan's hand and dragging him with her.

Hannah and Ethan sneak past the crowd full of people in the kitchen and go down to the wine cellar.

Ethan takes a look around the cellar, looking at all the expensive wine and champagne that is stored on the shelves.

"How did you get these?" Ethan asks.

"Well, when I inherited this house from my Uncle Terry, the wine cellar was still stocked. I'm pretty sure he collected these." Hannah replies.

"Wow, he must've spent thousands on it." Ethan implies.

"I don't know, probably, I mean have you seen this house?" Hannah jokes making Ethan chuckle.

"So, tell me about yourself," Ethan says while they both take a seat in the old, leather chairs.

"Umm, my name is Hannah Sterner. I'm 17 years old, this whole property is in my name from my late Uncle Terry. I have no siblings and my parents are divorced. That pretty much sums up everything. Now tell me about you?" Hannah says shifting in her seat and directing all of her attention to Ethan.

"Well my name is Ethan Forris, I'm 19 years old and a Capricorn. I got the lake house after my parents died and I've been practically living here with my brother." Ethan explains.

"Sorry for your loss, and I am sorry that you are a Capricorn," Hannah replies.

"What's wrong with Capricorn's?" Ethan sarcastically asks.

"Oh, nothing. My ex was just a Capricorn." Hannah replies making them both laugh.

"Fair enough," Ethan says.

"We better head back to the party. I don't want people coming down here." Hannah says getting up from her seat.

"Yeah, you're probably right. If people come down here this room will be wiped clean." Ethan replies.

"Exactly, that's why we need to hurry up and head back," Hannah says while starting to walk up the steps.

They walk up the steps and around the crowd of people and head back outside. After a few more drinks they had reached their point. They were no longer using their brains and things started to escalate. One second they were sitting next to each other on the patio swing, the next second they were making out.

Jules mindlessly walked around the party. She had seen Mason making out with five different girls and Hannah making out with Ethan. She just needed a break from everyone and everything.

She headed up to Charlotte's room because it was nicer than hers to just pathetically sit on her bed and do nothing.

As she twisted the door knob she could've sworn she had heard something but decided to ignore it. When Jules walked into Charlotte's bedroom she saw something she did not want to see.

Thomas and Charlotte were making out on Charlotte's bed.

"Ew," Jules said.

They pull away and their eyes widen.

"It's not what it looks like," Charlotte says.

"Well to me it looks like you and Thomas were just heavily making out on your bed," Jules replies.

"Fine. It is what it looks like." Thomas sighs in defeat. "But please don't tell anyone. We'll never hear the end of it."

"Okay, I won't. It's probably best that I forget it all together." Jules says disgustingly. That was something she had never wanted to see.

Jules walks out of the room before they can say anything else.

"Why does everyone else get to have a good time but I can't because I have a boyfriend?" Jules says to herself. "You know what? Screw Jake, he doesn't even care about me."

Jules walks over to Noah and just kisses him with no greeting. Noah didn't pull back, and let's just say they continued on with that.

While Hannah is in the middle of making out with Ethan, something catches her eye. Is that Jules making out with Noah? Hannah pulled away and got a better look at Jules and Noah, and it was confirmed that it was Jules and Noah.

Hannah excuses herself and goes to find Shawn. She sees him standing next to this guy and runs over to him desperate to tell him about what she has seen.

Shawn saw Hannah running towards him. He hurried up and scooted away from the guy he was associating with.

"Hey Hannah, how's it going?" Shawn asks, trying to make conversation just in case she has seen something.

"Shawn. You're not going to believe what I just saw." Hannah says practically shouting.

"What did you see?" Shawn asks skeptically.

"I saw Jules making out with Noah," Hannah explains.

"Like our next-door neighbor Noah?" Shawn asks; desperate for the gossip.

"Yeah. They were going at it too. Like there was tongue and everything." Hannah exclaims.

"Isn't she still with Jake?" Shawn asks.

"I think so," Hannah says.

"I didn't think she was that bored with her relationship," Shawn says.

"Neither did I. Anyways continue with what you were doing. We need to gossip about this when we are both sober." Hannah says walking away.

"Bye!" Shawn says. The drama had made him really excited.

Hours had passed and it was now almost four in the morning.

There was no one in sight except Hannah and Mason. They were just standing there with half-empty solo cups in their hands.

"I see you've added some new hickeys to your collection," Hannah remarks.

"I see you did too," Mason says. He pushes away Hannah's hair from her neck and traces the bruises on her neck.

"Yeah, that was Ethan's artwork," Hannah says trying to keep her breathing steady.

"Figured." Mason breathed out.

"Do you wanna hang out in the yacht? It's getting cold outside and I do not want to go in that house right now." Hannah says truthfully.

"Yeah, sure," Mason replies.

They headed into the yacht and sat on the couch and talked for what felt like hours to them.