6 | Breaking Rules

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐
Chapter Six
BREAKING RULES
└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐Chapter SixBREAKING RULES└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────

The next few weeks passed slowly as we went from class to class. We learned spells and some transfigurations. I found I was rather bad at potions.

I sit in professor Sharp's class next to Garreth since I woke up late for the first time and was almost last for class. Anne was usually my partner, but as I walked in, she sat next to Imelda. Sebastian and Ominis were seated together and the only empty seat was next to the Gryffindor boy.

I had seen him around a few times last year but I've never actually talked to him. I know that his aunt is a professor here and that he is usually getting in trouble. But it was good at potions... usually.

I've heard that he likes to try to create his own and they usually end badly. But he is one of the top students in the potions class.

"Hey," I greet him awkwardly. "Can I sit here?"

His green eyes look up to mine, "Yeah," he says just as awkwardly. He grabs his books and some potion ingredients from my side of the table and moves his bag from the seat.

"I'm Lila, by the way," I say as I take a seat beside him.

He looks over at me, "Yeah, I know. My aunt says that your mother was excellent at potions."

I smile at him, "That might be true, but that gene didn't pass down to me." I tell him. "I suck at potions."

He pushes his hair back and gives me a cocky smile, "Well, good thing I'm your partner then."

I laugh at him, "Well, word around the castle is, the last time you brewed potions you blew up half of your dormitory."

"Maybe that's what I was going for."

After class, I walk out and see Sebastian waiting for me outside the classroom. "Of all people, you had to sit with Weasley?" he asks when he sees me.

"Well, you didn't save a seat for me." I teased him.

"What was I supposed to do? Throw the blind guy out of his seat?" Sebastian asks lowering his voice as we neared Ominis who sat on a bench.

"I heard that, Sebastian."

I laugh at them, "It's fine. It turns out Garreth isn't that bad." I look around, "Where's Anne?"

I see Sebastian look around as if just now realizing that his sister wasn't with us. "She went to the library," Ominis speaks.

"What, why?" Sebastian asks, "Nevermind, I already know. She wants to get ahead on her studies." He then turns to me, "Would you like to go to the library?"