15. Psychopath

It has been 3 days since the 'gathering' and it's safe to say I've recovered. I decided to hang out with the pogues for the last few days since Sarah wanted time alone to work things out with her and Topper. 

Pope mentioned how he needed help with delivering food to figure eight for his father. He got JJ on board when he mentioned a $100 payment and I decided to help as well but since I didn't need the money, I wouldn't take it. We loaded the boat with seafood and drinks before heading to the golf course.

The drive along the marsh was beautiful.

Ever since I was a child, I had loved anything and everything to do with the waters.

When we arrived, Pope was quick to grab a box and leave JJ and I on the boat.

I guess he wanted to get the job done quickly so that they didn't stay on figure eight for too long to gain attention. I decided to follow Pope and caught up with him quickly. We walked side by side and spoke about his scholarship.

I could see how much it meant to him and his family that he got into college and pursued forensic pathology. It was, in a way, how the Heyward family could be able to get their foot into figure eight.

Our conversation was interrupted by Rafe and Topper who stood infront of us with golf clubs.

I smiled at them.

But they didn't return the smile and instead, had their eye on Pope.

My smile fell when I saw their faces and their intentions.

"Hey how much for one of those beers?" Rafe asks, poking the pack with his golf club

"They're not for sale" Pope replies bluntly, trying to move past the dirty blonde.

"Wait wait wait, you should give us one, right?" Rafe asks again.

"They're not even mine, they're already paid for alright?" Pope states.

In the next moment, Rafe uses his golf club to break the bags that Pope carried. Topper grabs the beers that Pope held onto which resulted in Pope falling to the ground. I quickly drop the box I carried and run over to Pope but before I could, he had already gotten off from the ground and ran to tackle Topper.

But that never ended up happening. 

Rafe used his golf club to hit the pogue in the stomach before blowing another shot to the boy's back. 

I shrieked in terror.

"Stop it guys! You're going to kill him!" I pleaded, trying to push Rafe away but he grabbed my shirt and shoved me to the ground.

I felt helpless in the situation and tears streamed down my face. I tried to push Rafe again but Topper held me back by my arms.

"Let me go asshole!" I screamed, choking on my tears. I fought Topper's restraints but I was much weaker than him.