~4~

Shock and awe washes over me as I was stunned and immobile.

But I still couldn't breathe.

I slap against my forcefield bubble collar and allow sweet, new, slightly acidic air to rush into my nose and mouth to fill my lungs, with a slight burning after sensation.

I gasp for air hungrily as I wave my arms back and forth to keep steady momentum and not fall below the water's surface again.

The torrent of words breaking through and flooding my mind was unending.

How, where, what, why, when, HOW!?

But I'm sure my questions couldn't hold a candle to the ones pouring through right now as my wrist wouldn't stop beeping endlessly.

Being able to see now with the lazy orange-tinted glow of Titan's "sunlight", I could glimpse the screen on my wrist going ballistic and constantly flashing incessantly.

I instantly feel all the soreness of my muscles come crashing down on me at once.

Unlike under the water where it felt like I was devoid of all forms of sensation, outside of sound, sight, and touch, everything was muddled and diluted. Like a layer of mud stood between my environment and the rest of my senses.

But now I feebly try to reach down into my suit pocket, peel open the latch, and drag back up the small yellow inflatable item. Careful not to accidentally click the medium-sized red button on it that activated its inflation. Had to make sure it and my hand were above water before that.

My hand breaks the surface and I click it, the resulting sound always almost scaring the piss out of me.

Whoosh!

I giant 'me-sized' safety raft expands outwards on itself, and I take a few moments steeling my mind before making the effort to throw myself in. Exhaustion gripping me tightly.

It's not like it would go anywhere. We've already established the batshit crazy water properties of Titan. But I still kept a protective and cautious arm on the edge of the flotation device.

My morning had already been crazy hectic as it was. I wasn't ready to deal with another unavoidable disaster.

"1...2...3!" I hoisted myself over the edge and lay flat on the bed of the yellow raft and continue to breathe heavily as my head pounded and my heart raced a thousand miles an hour.

"Why in God's name am I doing this?" I openly ponder with harshly dried lips and a hoarse voice.

I tried to sit up but fall back down as my spine refused to cooperate, followed by an unexpected cry escaping my lips.

Did I injure my back?

The sharp stinging sensation emanating from there telegraphed to me as much. Maybe I hit myself on the way down into the water when I escaped my ship?

I directed my eyes towards the heavens and saw....nothing.

Good God! What the actually fuck!?

"Am I even surprised?" I sardonically say.

I reach my hand up to click on my holographic visor from my ear device, and slip my hands down to unzip my suit and slowly peel my way out.

[Ohmigosh! Where's the ship!?]

[Are you hurt anywhere??? It seemed like you couldn't get up!]

[HOW DID YOU SURVIVE THAT!? OH MY GOD!!!]

[WHY DID YOU SURVIVE THAT!? NOW I OWE SOMEONE 50 BUCKS!! ARG!!]

[Guess who won 50 dollars yaaaaall!! Free chicken nuggets for everyone!]