~10~

I watch my bowl of porridge simmer and almost boil over the edge of the pot.

I was so fixated in my thoughts that the low dings of new paid messages trying to grab my attention did nothing more than elicit slight twitches from my eyes.

It wasn't until the colour of bright piss yellow gold flashes onto my screen do I snap out of it.

I pour the porridge into a porcelain bowl with blue outlines and a bunny logo on it. Bowing slightly I make my way onto my outstretched bed and sit at the center of it with folded legs.

I let my hair down in rows of neat personally woven braids. My entire head was covered and most people in my chat pointed out I looked like the ghost girl who crawls out of a TV. The Ring.

"I see the similarities."

I try to distract myself with mundane talk as I keep a close eye on the golden commenter.

They'd made a passing comment on my appearance and how I looked good. Which isn't too out of the norm when there are a group of people who watch me solely to document how many times my feet have shown up on screen.

I'll take any normal interest in me over that!

Looking into it further, I'd always thought that the golden comment rotated between different users in my chat. As I didn't have time or the mental capacity to filter comments through usernames, I liked using colour as a separating factor.

Carol obviously got assigned all the red-coloured comments because she is a pain, but also let her comments stand out in a stark way from the rest.

Some colours are gained by either being purchased, or are rewards given for loyalty to watching me and my account and dedicating a certain, often times unhealthy, amount of time to being a fan.

The golden-coloured comment was in a class of its own, as you've had to have paid to get it, and also be a super mega fan with certain hours clocked in for watching me.

And it was a highly coveted spot that a lot of people fought tooth and nail to achieve. It was a miracle that the same guy or gal had managed to keep a hold of it for so long.

"So how did they?..." I said out loud.

I cringe as I caught myself too late, and the hundreds of comments already started pouring in.

I give a meek laugh and smile as I tug some strands of my braids behind my head.

"Sorry guys, I let my innie voices be outie," I awkwardly laugh as I miserably failed to steer the conversation in a new direction, and just outright elected to ignore some comments.

As I finished off my soup, porridge is a type of soup, right? Bringing up that conversation/discussion swiftly and efficiently distracted the comments.

But, finishing off the soup a new major topic of conversation was brought up as the porridge soup debate waged on in the background.

[If hotdogs can be classified as a sandwich, then porridge is definitely soup.]

[What delusional world do you live in!? If you consider porridge a soup, then are you one of those maniacs who consider tea a soup as well!??!]

[How many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man!? Teas ARE soups! A YouTube video told me so!!]

[Some types of bread are so sweet they have to be legally classified as cake! Porridge is definitely a soup.]

[How in God's name does any of those two things correlate!?]

[💛So back to more sane topics of conversation, when are you leaving Titan to come back to earth?💛]