Chapter 14: Sailing Together

16th December 1639 CCY, Esthirant

With the arrival of Japan and the announcement of her appearance to the world, the Parpaldia Empire finds itself slowly shunned by the "barbarian" countries that it has been treading on. Countries are refusing to budge into their demand, refusing to send their annual levy of slaves and goods, and refusing to give in to the demand of ceding land. Their "generous offers" are now being spat on without a second thought by these inferior countries. Some country just straight up tells the Parpaldian to put their "generous terms" where the sun will never shine, and that they are now openly working with a much more generous Japan. The threat of cutting off from the supply of Parpaldian technology now means nothing.

The muskets that once made all barbarian countries fight each other to get are now something undesirable. "Get that antique outta here. We have much better stuff from the Japanese for a better price." This caused the arsenal of Duro to lose quite a big deal of money, they depend on the contracts for the Ground Legion more and more than before. Traders from the empire are shunned, some are reporting that they have to line up behind the big freighters of the Japanese. Meanwhile, traders from the barbarian countries have stopped visiting the port of Parpaldia, choosing to visit ports in the Rodenius continent like Jin Hark of Presidia and Maihawk of Qua Toyne to trade for much more valuable but reasonably priced Japanese goods. Some were daring enough to brave the high sea to get to mainland Japan themselves.

This causes a great deal of friction amongst the inner working of Parpaldia. The 2nd Foreign Affairs are dealing with a great deal of difficulties given to them by the countries in the 2nd civilization zone because of the arrival of Japan. The respect for Parpaldia while still there, is not as strong as before. This causes the view of Japan in the 2nd Foreign to be... not very favorable. The Army or Ground Legions voice their disgruntlement against Japan, citing that their disregard for the great empire in dealing with the barbarian countries is too disrespectful. The Navy, 1st, and 3rd Foreign Affairs, however, have quite a different view of the Japanese. They, in fact, are quite fearful of them. The Wyvern Corp of Parpaldia is still sitting on the fence, however. They have yet to see the true potential of Japan airforce, but they have seen some of it.

Just yesterday, three Japanese aircraft fly at an incredible speed toward the capital. Some wyvern lord squadrons who were practicing near the area decided to chase it down. They, however, could not catch up with it. One of them looks like a black dagger, while the other one is much bigger. But they all have streamlined sleek looks. As the crafts flew past and left the proud wyvern knights of Parpaldia in awe, a shockwave, and small turbulence almost knocked some knights off their stead. Even the newest breed of wyverns, the Overlords, can't catch up to it. It was estimated that the Japanese fighters were flying almost 5 times as fast as the Wyvern Overlords. With the wyvern overlord can reach a max speed of 430 km/h, the Japanese aircraft could be flying at more than 2000km/h.

First Foreign Affairs Department, 16th December 1639 CCY

This morning, 2 out of 10 ships in the fleet of Japan moved out of their anchorage and sailed in the northeast direction. This coincided with the arrival of the mysterious jet from before. This causes confusion not only in the military and government but also in the populace. There's nothing but the dangerous Grameus continent in the northeast. Captain Saki Todo is summoned by the First Foreign Affairs department for this incident.

Captain Saki walks down the ramp to her battleship with her adjutant. She has been summoned to meet with the First Foreign Department. She wonders why she but not the diplomats. It's kind of weird, but this world has many oddities. Best she does what the Parpaldians want.

 Best she does what the Parpaldians want