One Coffee

It was a nice Autumn Saturday morning here in Cincinnati and you were currently at the elementary school your mom worked at. Your mom had asked you to help out with a fundraiser to raise money for the school in order to send the kids to some fun field trips in the spring. They had games for people to play, a bake sale, pumpkin carving, some people donated books for others to buy, candy stations and a whole bunch of other fun stuff. You were on beverages so there was water, sodas, juices, sports drinks, hot chocolate and coffee. You were attending the stand with your best friend Ellie. "Look at that line of moms with their kids." Ellie says as you sit beside her on your phone. You look over to see the line of moms at some football throwing game one of the dads at the school was hosting. He was a young handsome single dad who went pro a few years ago but retired early to focus on his kid who went to this school. The PTA moms couldn't get enough of him and judging by the line, even the non-PTA moms couldn't either. "Half those kids are glued to their Nintendo switches or iPad...yeah I'm sure it's the kids that wanted to play the game." You snort making Ellie laugh.

"Oh shit, look he's coming over." Ellie says slapping your arm. You look over to see said dad coming over to your booth with his daughter. "Hey, what can we get for you?" You smile standing up. "Hi, uh...I'll take a Gatorade and a hot chocolate for her." He smiles handing you a five. "I got it." Ellie says grabbing the drinks for him. "Quite the line you have going on there." You chuckle to him. "Yeah... I didn't think this many kids would be into football." He says looking back at the moms that were staring at him. Oh you hot naïve man, they were not there for that, you thought to yourself. "That's nice though, I don't think many kids are as active as our generation once was." You say as Ellie hands him the drink drooling over this man herself. "You played any sports?" He asks after thanking her and handing the hot chocolate to his daughter. "Soccer in high school, that's pretty much it." You shrug. "Well it's not that type of football but I'll give you a free game pass." He smirks. Was this man flirting with you? You asked yourself. He couldn't be.

"Oh, I'm not much of a thrower." You say biting your lip. "It's just for fun, I don't judge. Zoey here might though." He jokes and his daughter smiles. "Some people aren't good but dad says that's okay and I shouldn't make fun of them." She shrugs which makes you laugh. " I'm Joe by the way." He shakes your hand. " Y/N, Mrs. Y/L/N daughter." You smile. "No kidding? Zoey had her last year for kindergarten, awesome teacher!" Joe smiles. "Thank you, she really is." You smile back. "I'll be here until it ends if you wanna take up the offer, thanks for the drinks." He winks making you get butterflies. "This isn't coffee." Zoey says to her dad before they walk back to their station. "There's no way I'm giving you coffee kid, nice try." You hear Joe say making you chuckle.

"What was that!?" Ellie says sitting back down. "What?" You ask confused. "He was so flirting with you!" Ellie says. "Oh please." You roll your eyes. "Y/N...don't make me slap you. He was so into you!" She smirks. You roll your eyes and continue your time volunteering. You guys practically sold out on almost everything. You notice Joe helping clear out his own station and you decide to grab another gatorade and hot chocolate for them. "I'll be back." You tell Ellie and she nods not really paying attention. You make your way over to Joe and Zoey. "Hey,I thought you two could use another round." You say to them holding up the drinks and Joe smiles while Zoey runs over to you. "Is it coffee?" She whispers to you. "Sorry, we just ran out." You grimace and sighs. "I'll take it anyway." The small blonde child says defeated and going back to where she was sat. "Sorry about her, she's been trying to have coffee for weeks now for some odd reason." Joe says as you hand him the gatorade. "I have a coffee addiction too so, I get it." You nod making him chuckle. "They just picked up the game, sorry!" Joe says thinking you were here to play that. "Oh that's okay, I was not about to embarrass myself in front of an Ex-NFL quarterback." You say making him laugh.