𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝙱𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎 𝙻𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎

As we stood at platform 9¾, everyone said their goodnight. It was already far past midnight, and Pancy and Draco had to get on the next train closer to the Manor. I had chills just thinking of the place. Astoria and Christian had already left, and we were the last people there.

"Promise you'll be alright?" Pancy asked as she pulled away from our two-minute hug.

I smiled. "I'll be fine. Kyle's just getting the car. I love you."

She planted a kiss on my cheek. "I love you too, Belle. Be safe."

I scoffed playfully. "Please. Do you know me?"

She laughed, before waving one final time. She and Draco stepped onto their train, and I watched as the doors closed, and it pulled away.

When I turned around, I froze. Right in front of me was the exact black shirted figure I had been avoiding all day. I took a step back, and looked up at Mattheo.

"Shouldn't you be on your way to New York?" I asked.

He just stared, not a word leaving his kissable lips.

I sighed. "Go home, Mattheo. There's nothing here for you. Nothing is keeping you in London."

I stepped around him, suddenly freezing, again. Only now I looked at a figure on the other side of the train track, and my heart dropped to the floor. Theodore Nott looked at me, looking like the boy who I knew back in school, only with a rough beard. I took a couple steps back, and hid in front of Mattheo. He frowned when seeing my eyes somewhere else. He instantly spun around, seeing Theo. Theodore looked at him, and Mattheo lowered his head a bit into a glare. Theodore then looked at me, before back at Mattheo. He turned around, and walked up the stairs.

I let out an exhausted breath, my heartbeat dropping back to normal. Mattheo looked back down at me, but I had taken a couple of steps back.

"Belle-"

"Goodnight, Matty," I said, looking at his cold eyes.

He didn't answer. I turned, and walked up the stairs, seeing Kyle standing at his car. He had folded arms, frowning down at me.

"You took a while."

"It's hard to say goodbye to my best friend," I told him, and it was partially true.

He stood up straight, and nodded. He then opened the passenger door for me, and I got in. He closed it, before going to his side, getting in.

We drove to our apartment in silence. I could see that he was glancing at me often, but he didn't say anything, neither did I. I had curled my legs up onto the seat, while looking out at the dull streetlights of London. It felt less like home than Hogwarts always did.

At the apartment, I was out of the car and into the building first. I just wanted my bed, honestly. The thought of Kyle sharing it with me didn't bother me at all, honestly. Unless he was drunk, he wouldn't do something stupid.

"Did you enjoy it at least?" he asked me as I stood at the sink, washing the few dishes we didn't clean last night.

I nodded. "It was nice visiting again."

I felt him near me, even though I didn't hear anything. "And your friends?" he asked.

"I just saw them in New York. For the others - they're not my friends. They were students I went to Hogwarts with."

"And Mattheo?"

My hands stopped scrubbing. They froze as I inhaled air. "What does that mean?" I asked.

His skin met the back of my neck, moving my hair out of his way. He then placed a kiss down, and I straightened my back, goosebumps filling my body - not in a good way.

"You seem close," he breathed against my ear. "Do you still love him?"

I took in a deep breath as I felt his hand slither over my stomach. "No," I lied, and I know he knew it.

His other hand gripped onto the garnet counter, and I saw him tense up. His left hand pressed harder on my stomach, pulling me closer to him, while placing kisses on my shoulders.

"Does he still love you?" he asked.

"No," I lied, again, and he could tell.

Suddenly he pulled his tongue up the side of my neck, before completely letting go of me. He made his way to the room.

"I'm sleeping on the couch tonight, baby," he said.

He closed the door behind himself, and my entire body weakened again. He didn't drink anything at The Three Broomsticks, so I knew for a fact that this wasn't an intoxicated Kyle act. This was him, but Merlin was I thankful he just walked away.

After washing the dishes, and Kyle curled onto the couch behind the TV, I made my way into the bedroom, then the bathroom. I drew myself a bath, and locked the door. I slipped into the warm water, under the bubbles. Then I slipped in deeper, hiding my head under the water. I held my breath, and kept my eyes shut.

I found peace.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆