Chapter 11- Excuse me?

CW: Partial nudity I guess? Not smutty or anything.
Hux's pov:

"Awww that's so cute!" Rey said as she put shoes on the shelves.

"Yeah I guess but he called me beautiful. Is that weird?" I began to smile while recalling the memories.

"It's only weird if you make it weird." I gave her a look, "Alright alright. There's two options here. Either he's madly in love with you or he can admire a man's beauty in a friendly way."

"Can you 'admire a man's beauty in a friendly way'?" I asked.

"Of course you can! I think your beautiful, I don't want to snog you though. I think everyone thinks your beautiful." She remarked. I'm not good with compliments so I felt my face heat up from embarrassment.

"Thank you- I, your really pretty."

I heard a ping from my phone.

Twat

Maybe I should change that? Nah it's funny.

Can you come back I need you. It's okay if you can't but it would be appreciated.

"One seck Rey?"

Yeah sure, what for?

I'll tell you when you get here.

Ok give me twenty minutes

See you soon <3

I literally got a jump-scare, from that message "Rey!" I shouted and turned the phone towards her.

She chuckled, "Ooohhhh he like likes you."

I rolled my eyes, "No he doesn't. Your being ridiculous."

She shrugged, "Just saying. Now go see what your husband wants." she smiled.

As I made my way out I shouted to her, "Not my husband!" he could be though. JOKING.

Time skip brought to you by my stormtrooper figure that I have forced to take ridiculous pictures

~;~;~;~

I burst though the door after running through the corridors, he looked up, "Thank god your here! I have a piece due in for tomorrow that I forgot about. Would you mind modelling for it?"

I smiled and nodded. He's actually going to paint me while I'm conscious and aware. That's a first.

"Alright then, would you mind just standing there and just lifting your arms up like this." He lifted his arms above his head and I did the same, "Would you mind i'm, sorry, would you mind taking your shirt off?"

I spat out my non existent drink, "Excuse me?!" I asked in disbelief. That was pretty forward. I didn't know it was that kind of modelling.

"It's just, it's an anatomy piece and- you know what don't worry about it i'll just look on google." He grinned awkwardly, "Forget I even said anything."

But I spoke up pretty quickly, "Not it's fine!" god dam that was so loud, "I'll do it." He grinned in relief when I said that.

"Thank you so much , I couldn't find a reference picture I liked on google." He picked up his paintbrush and set up his canvas on the easel. I stood in front of him.

"It's just my shirt right? Not my trousers or anything?" I didn't want to take my jeans of ok?

His eyes widened, "Oh god no! Not anything else, I can imagine the rest." He chucked.

I spat out another imaginary drink, "What?!"

He burst out laughing, "Ha ha! You thought! It's only topless." He laughed and I sighed in relief, "I'll only be painting what I see."

I began to take my shirt off (AN: I have zero dignity now), I threw it onto my bed and I felt his eyes on me. I looked away. "Nice." He said. I looked straight back at him. "Oh god sorry! That's not how I meant it, it's just you look really nice." He slapped his hand over his mouth and mumbled "I'm not making this any better." He paused. "Sorry it's just I get nervous in front of topless men. OH GOD NO SORRY! I just get nervous in front of you and- I'm going to stop talking."

For someone who always seemed pretty collected he sure as hell was nervous. It made me laugh. I'd never seen him like this before and it was highly amusing.

And so for the next two hours he painted away as my arms grew tired. He had some lovely music on in the background though. "You can put your arms down you know?"

I looked over at him confused, "What?" He was still painting wasn't he?

"I finished your arms an hour ago." He smiled as if it was obvious.

I looked at him in disbelief, "Are you serious?!" I put my arms down. "Ow."

He laughed to himself, "Sorry, it was really funny though."

Time skip brought to you by whatever that scene was.

~;~;~;~

As he was drawing I noticed a few habits he had. Firstly, while he was painting he seemed to stick his tongue out in concentration. Secondly, when he would look up his face would go slightly red and he would try to avoid looking at me for longer than a minute. And finally, he kept apologising when he looked up. It was kind of sweet?

But after a good three hours (and my exhausted legs) he grinned, "And done!" he turned the canvas around. It was beautiful (not because it was me). He didn't make me look over muscular or anything he just made me look how I looked (i'm not an artist ok?) . I was looking off to the side and grinning slightly.

Thankfully he did keep my jeans on.

"This is amazing, you are so talented!" I said.

"Thank you, but it's only good because your modelling you know. If it was anyone else it would look awful." He laughed. What was that even meant to mean?

"I'm sure it wouldn't." He had painted everything. Me the bed behind me, the window. I looked behind me. The curtains weren't closed! Well too late now, you probably couldn't see anything anyway. We're on a high floor .

We sat into a comfortable silence as we both stared at the painting and he put his signature on it.

Despite my hesitation, I eventually said, "Can you teach me how to paint?"

1044 words

Anyway so...

Let's just ignore that it was important to the story I promise. Kind of.

I considered doing a Dorian Gray thing and making him yearn for eternal beauty but then reconsidered 😭