How to Get My Husband on My Side

Rate 3/5
Read 73

Summary:

I became ‘Rudbeckia,’ a supporting character in a fantasy novel, a villainess who dies at the hands of her husband. The world’s most damned father has found me another partner for a political marriage. The problem is, that person is the husband who will kill me! First, I need to find a way to live. I need to appear as harmless as possible to the people of the North and protect my husband’s little sister whom I killed in the original novel. Wouldn’t I be able to save my life if I pretended to be in love with my husband? “I fell in love with you!” So please, spare me!

Review:
It'a feel stuffy reading this novel. MC personality is a bit irksome. She transmigrate. Her past life is similar with current life. She was adopted and abused by her foster father and brother. She also got bullied in school. In current life, her father is a Pope ruling a country. She has 2 older brother. It was said her mother already pregnant before she got involved with the Pope, I guess she kinda like Pope's concubine. Her first brother is obsessed and tortured her.
She got 4 broken marriage/engagement. She was betrothed for the country purpose, then soon because they haven't consumate, she can annul it and went back to her country.
So everyone thought it will be the same with her and ML marriage. MC is a bit gloomy, she said sorry for everything, closed up, crybaby and really often falling down without reason. When everyone mocked her, she keep smiling foolishly trying to make herself look harmless. Then suddenly ML love her. He is an awkward man without much talk so MC keep misunderstood him. His sister also the same. Both of them cared MC but their action often seems indifferent.
There are a lot accident that just goes by without explanation. Even though it's unusual but seems like the country didn't investigate it. Several times, there are monster show up where MC is. Then people just assume it's because of MC without any valid reason. I don't even know why ML country accept ML and MC marriage. ML is the emperor nephew. Current emperor only has daughter from the queen who was a former slave, so ML may ascend to the throne. MC father married of MC because he need ML country help to fight barbarian. MC is kinda like hostage. But not sure what ML country can get with the marriage.
The original plot said once MC divorced ML, his country need ML sister to marry a prince. Which make MC country/brother killed ML sister. ML then got angry and killed MC and her family. The politic seems unclear. The plot were wasted with a lot fillers.
The conflict just repeated. MC in trouble, everyone pointing at her, ML come to the rescue, MC got depressed, ML assure her that he believe and love her. ML knew MC got some trauma but he never asked her because he is afraid it will pain her. He also knew people close to him are hurting MC, he said he won't let them but then there's no action except threatening.
ML sister's maid and bestfriend dislike MC and keep provoking her. ML and his sister knew it but they just let it be. The first accident is when horse riding. It was revealed that the bestfriend lied but they just act like nothing, including MC.