So I've Accepted Your Challenge!

"My apologies, everyone. It seems that I have arrived quite late." The beauty in front of me said when she had arrived. Aria Rosecente...

! I stood from my seat when I saw her.... She was... gorgeous? She was even more beautiful when I saw her in person. It was unbelievable to see such a god-like beauty in front of me. Her eyes seemed to sparkle gorgeously like diamonds and emeralds. Her golden luscious hair.

No wonder why... that stupid Crown Prince and everyone had fallen for her. She was such a beauty... I almost drooled. Fuck.

"Mielle, is there something wrong?" A voice called me out. Shit.

I blinked thrice before I realized what I had been doing. Even I had become absolutely in shock at my state of appearance. I accidentally stood up from my seat and banged my hands on the table in absolute surprise. And I drooled as well.

The novel really made light of her beauty!

Aria Rosecente had finally made eye contact with me. She tilted her head at me and said, "Mielle, are you quite alright?" She asked once more. As if demanding an answer from me.

I gulped.

I stared into Aria's eyes. No doubt. There was something inside. Anger. Hatred. Revenge pooled in her eyes. I became scared and sat back down saying,

...So she was reincarnated. Yep. She was definitely on the second timeline. There goes my head!

"O-of course not, elder sister." I said with a smile. "We were just waiting for you. And I was just saying how... as a family we must eat together."

Aria squinted her eyes at me, as if she didn't trust me. Instead she softly said, "I'm sorry that I inconvenienced everybody today. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well today this morning. Would you please excuse my behaviour, Mielle? Just this once. It will never happen again."

All of a sudden, all eyes went on me.

I realized that Aria had used this to see if I had any sympathy against her and forgave her this time. And I couldn't say anything dumb, because everyone was watching me. A single word would destroy Mielle's reputation.

Now it was really 0-1. Aria had really earned that point.

But fuck that. I didn't care.

"Sister, you could have just let us know if you weren't feeling well. You don't need to force yourself in times like these to seem strong. We as a family will completely undrestand." I told her again.

Aria's eyes made a scoffing expression to what I had just said. But her face completely stayed in act. To be honest, I would have also scoffed at that as well. 'Family will completely understand?'

Don't be ridiculous– we weren't family. Aria nor Mielle considered each other as family. We both knew that.

"Mielle. Thanks for worrying about me." Aria said in a soft expression. Although the look in her eyes really didn't match. Wow. Give her kudos for that kinda of act.

Now we were truly in 1-1 sync.

"Since both of you have made up, why not start to eat?" Aria's mother chimed in with a soft laugh, "the food has turned cold."

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Aria's mother make a glance towards Aria, who sat down elegantly and said, "Indeed, it would be quite rude if we didn't finish what our lovely chef had cooked for us."

Wow. Aria really had the backing of her mother. I didn't say anything as I looked down into my plate. I really had to start eating. However I don't think I had the table-manners for that. I glanced into Aria's side of the table, where the food was also untouched.