Chapter 9 - Ignoring

"Ok, so we may or may not have a very tiny problem

"Ok, so we may or may not have a very tiny problem..." I explained to Leo, since he'd been back we all thought Kayla would be clinging to him but the opposite happened. She's been ignoring him, giving him the silent treatment. And she's been more clingy to Noah, Oliver and I.

"What do you mean? What happened? Where's Kayla?" He asked starting to freak out.

"Yeah, about that..." I stalled

"Spit it out already Sam!" Leo said frustrated

"I lost Kayla" I replied rapidly.

"You what?! How the hell did you loose her?!" He was now pretty furious.

"I went to the bathroom and left her on my bed watching a movie. I though she would be fine since she can't get off my bed anyways but when I came back she was gone and now I can't find her." I explained

"For the love of god" Leo sighed and we both started looking for the smallest member of the family.

"Hey Noah, Ollie, Aiden! You guys seen Kayla?" Leo shouted out.

"What, you guys playing hide and seek or something?" Noah replied as the three of them came downstairs.

"Nope, Sam lost her!" Leo said blankly.

"What?! How do you loose a whole human being?!" Oliver said turning to me.

"To be fair, she's like less than half a human being." I said trying to defend myself but failing miserably.

"It's not funny Samuel, you literally lost our sister!" Leo said in response.

We all continued calling for Kayla for what felt like hours. We looked in all of her favourite hiding places, including the bath, closets, behind the couch, but nobody had any luck. We were all starting to panic quite a lot.

"Kayla?!" Leo called out for the millionth time.

"What?! Why you keep 'outing me!" Kayla said obviously annoyed.

"Oh my god! Kayla!" I said and immediately engulfed her in a hug.

"What?" She said trying to escape from my hold as I finally let her go.

"Where were you young lady we've been looking for you everywhere!" Leo said in a stern voice.
Kayla didn't even reply, she just burst into tears.

"Bubby!" She cried as she ran over to Noah making grabby hands towards him.
Noah picked her up and she immediately hid her face in the crook of his neck.

"Where were you baby?" Noah asked her a lot calmer than Leo had moments before.

"Me just pwaying 'ide and 'eek" Kayla explained in between sobs.

"You can't play hide and seek if nobody is seeking baby. Didn't you hear us calling for you?" Noah asked her.

She just shook her head 'no' in reply.