Chapter 5

Somehow, nearly 4 years passed by in a blink of an eye.

It was one breezy evening when I visited the underworld (illegal fighting place) where I met her again in over 3 years, with Victoria in tow.

The familiar figure of that voluptuous woman with muscles that protruded through her skimpy top as she held her arm over her face in her defense stance and quick dodge, I almost couldn't recognize the woman I'd spend almost three months with.

"You know them?" Victoria whispered to me as she took in my stunned appearance.

"No, just her." I whispered back, trying to get my head in action after being derailed by shock as she swiftly moved to side to dodge an attack near her face- giving me a brief glimpse of her face, devoid of any emotion.

Scarlett.

Experiment lab.

A vast collection of horrible memories, that were better left for dead, flashed before my eyes like it all happened last week.

The constant banging on the door.

The silent weeping behind the locked dark door, begging to be let out.

A scalpel slicing through my generous flesh.

A long stick.

The hospital smell.

There was a dizzying feeling in the back of my head, a wave of numbness spread throughout my body as I was left silent gasping for air in the buzzing crowd.

"Dude, you alright?"

"Yes."

Was it true? Perhaps we had a different definition of the ideology because I certainly wasn't lying.

Just didn't complete the sentence.

Yes, in face value.

"She's slow." Victoria observed from my side. Assessing Scarlett possibility of winning the fight with a stoic look.

"No. Just crafty."

A woman her size had no business taking up man twice her size. And if she did, it meant she either had some screws loose or was, indeed, experienced and did have some few tricks up her sleeve.

By slowing down on her attacks and giving easy opening to the opponent, she was defusing his energy bit by bit.

Demolishing it before he could notice what she was doing.

The more she evaded his blows, the more peeved he got as the taunts in the crowd grew relentless.

'Are you seriously having trouble winning against a girl?'

That one surely did its job at knocking all his senses out of him as he let his head control him. With head, I didn't mean the smart one.

His fist cut through the air when he threw a punch towards her with a ferocious force.

~~~~~~

"Vanessa!" The more mature voice of the woman entered my ears as Victoria and I were seated at the bar, looking at the new match happening from a distance.

"Rouge!" I acknowledged her.

"Victoria!" Who the bloody killer who'd massacred over 7 hundred people was acknowledging herself too, no one knew.

Perhaps it was her cousin from different mother.

Or just the bacteria inside her that can't wait for her to die to devour her from inside.