Chapter 3 - Agreement without argument

S.R : Like crazy by Jimin (English version)

Are our lives scripted pieces that cannot be uttered?
Can we at least get a thirty seconds trailer of how the day is going to be like?
A glimpse to decide if staying home is the better option once in a many while?

We won't be walking around taking risks that we know could potentially end our lives.
We won't wake up to wonder how our usual never ending chain called a daily routine—would end.
In bed... working extra shifts...or at a club partying like it was the last day on this spherical hover board.

An easy escape from such endangered encounters should've been a privilege every soul is entitled to.

It is frightening how the two girls are caved in by a bunch of men out in the open and are easily seen by passerbys but none made a move to help them.

It is mind boggling how anyone— just anyone could come save them like the damsels in distress they truly were yet chose to ignore.

Their faces screamed the fear creeping within their souls scratching to burst out at their untenable course of fate.

There was nothing that can be done seeing how others diverted from the scene like it was a plague itself. Not even a cry for help would suffice unless a pedestrian mustered enough balls to face the mob of men which we by now know they all lack.

"It's quite clear from your escape form you forget who we are and how much hold we have on this side of town" the only one of the group who looked a bit concerned when Ren began to struggle for air and wheeze after being snatched and locked in.
"These streets have and will always be Madeo grounds—not even your loudest of screams can save you but I know what could"
"Your obedience and utmost compliance could...it surely can not will— with that being said, did you have any plans of coming over soon?" He asks as he slowly lets her stand on her own two feet without support.

"I told you I was done with all that, now let us go" Ren grits out.

"I quite miss the times we had an agreement without an argument Bombón. What a shame how we turned out in the end, isn't it?" he kisses his teeth and looks at Ren with a knowing look in the depths of his pupils.

He goes silent and slowly devours her with his eyes as he slowly looks her up and down. "The girls require your presence occasionally to which I swore to bestow upon them one of these days"

"I assume you've had enough absorbing of what you got a taste of so same time same place same day. I abhor the idea of coming to hunt you down since you didn't look quite pleased the last time I did.  I'd appreciate it if you didn't make me" he stares into her soul.

"Don't come looking like how you do now,  impress me like you always did" he winks.
He then turns to take a better sip of Weina, "Doll your friend up as well, she needs the make over"

He kept throwing orders at Ren like he owned her which displeased Weina.

"I'm not bringing her along, she has nothing to do with this, she knows nothing about this - please don't make me" she starts off aggressively but ends defeatedly.

The fact that Lawrency didn't try to reject his invite bothered her friend a lot.

All but breathing into her face he wines, "Bombón don't make it seem like it's hell itself reincarnated. I hope you didn't mean it when you said, and I quote 'it's all fun and games at this side I wish to have it all for myself ' because that'll be selfishness honey" he mocks with fake surprise.

"I only said that when I knew no better" she seethes.

He smirks and nods to both ladies in farewell, "No turning back now, looking forward to being graced with your presence soon."

They retreat.

Lawrency was too torn to make a move or regard her equally rattled friend. Her sagging shoulders with an equally gloomy facial expression showed how distressed she was at this point.  One would think she was looking depressed for herself which most certainly is a lie.

She worried for Wei.

She kept pondering on what to do next because she knew taking her friend along to somewhere she swore never to step foot in was the worst move in this century. She swore to never disclose the horrible mistake she involved her naive   self in to her friend because she loathed ever doing it in the first place. Her brain was in a hazy frenzy she couldn't move an inch.

Weina being the first to wake up from the daze like spell, grabs a firm hold on Ren's shoulder and turns her for a good look at her friend. "You have a lot of explanation to do but first let's find a less shoulder locking place to cool down. Do you still think groceries are important or it can wait?"

Ren for the first time after they were freed, looks into Weina's eyes with nothing but despair, "It must wait Wei."

A.N :
26.05.23

Madeo - Ma-day-yo

Comments section awaits your thoughts shookies 😉.