Chapter 4 - Troubled Damsel

S.R : Run by Lloyiso

Two feminine figures laid on a queen sized bed staring at the ceiling. The starry display intrigued them so much, they looked hypnotised.

No one spoke to the other, they just laid there in a comfortable silence as their own heartbeats and the occasional voices walking on the hallways were the only sounds drumming in their ears. Each in their maze of thoughts, it appeared to be a constant occurrence since neither of them thought to break the much needed silence.

It had been two whole days after their sudden attack on the way to the supermarket. Two whole days since Lawrency had faced the only thing she'd been avoiding for sometime now, people she'd been avoiding. Two whole days since Weina saw her life flash before her and a different side of town.

Lawrency's POV

"Are you coming?" Vicky turned to ask as she and her other friends discussed the incoming freshmen party.
A group of friends consisting of four girls and three guys sat in the most expensive restaurant found on campus to chitchat whiles eating lunch as they normally did.

Voices above others while everyone fought to be heard over their debate on who and who was going to be crowned Mr and Miss freshman. As interesting as it may sound, I found no interest in crowning strangers a title they fight for as soon as they begin university. Not physical fighting of course but due to wanting these titles, unwanted dislike is bred amongst the competitors which I find a bit alarming.

"I'm not so sure yet, I'd rather binge to some Netflix than to celebrate total wannabes" I replied to Vicky whiles poking at my unfinished food.

"I think you need a polish in your overview of things, why don't you just think of it as going to have fun with friends at a strangers party?" Devin reasons. He's always been the man of the group who didn't like the idea of anyone missing a majority voted outing like these and especially with me since I decline to most of them.

"Really? You just mentioned how it's going to be a strangers party and still expect me to tag along?" I question back in confusion at his failure to persuade me.

Tasha slaps him across the back of his head to which we all snicker. "You just had to make it worse didn't you"

Devin rubs his head and scowls a bit at Tasha before turning to face Lawrency in an attempt to try again but Tasha cuts in.
"Just don't"

I look on at the interaction between my two friends and chuckle lowly to pick up my fork and focus back on the half eaten lasagna . It tasted okay but not as good as  Jefa's.

"You've rarely partied with us this sem what's up with you" Josh, the only guy with the most peculiar orbs on the table says.
He has the most breathtaking pair of sea green eyes to which most girls that see him for the first time embarrassingly drown in them. Not these girls though because they know him to the T.

"Mmm...lemme think, maybe how I need to catch up on a few courses or how procrastination has suddenly made me insomniac ou ou or how I have two tests next week and how I'm unprepared I haven't read even half of the piles of slides yet" she enthusiastically beams.

"Okay let's do this. Give us only one night of this week and we're all going to take turns in helping you to 'catch up'" he stresses at the end but the others on the table didn't seem to agree with Josh's suggestion.