Chapter 6 - Been a while

S.R : American love by Qing Madi

Please drop a like and a comment if you can. Thanks 😊
Let me leave you to it then...

A tall masculine figure zooms down the brightly lit hallway, heading for a dark oak door at the far end of it.

He had on a well fitted white crisp dress shirt and black trousers which did no good in masking his strongly built physique. Any lady who'd seen him right now with his sleeves rolled up to his elbow like so would do his bid without a second thought.
His visual appearance struck a passerby as an illusion one time they couldn't help but tell others they saw an out of this world creature.

He whistled a song to himself and swayed from side to side as he thought back to the unplanned encounter he had with a woman he fairly thought of occasionally and couldn't seem to get off his mind after seeing her for the first and eventful time. The lady who didn't fear to say what was on her mind or her displeasure when she met him for the first time.
He remembered back to when they sat at the bar and talked like they'd known each other for a long time, like they weren't strangers.

He smirked at how she was trying to keep a tough front when he initially approached her. Her drink swooped her away she needed no distractions with her new found favourite.
He remembers how he wished to be what would steal her attention all night instead of the forsaken beverage.
His first thought upon seeing her from a distance was how he wanted to get her in bed for the night and wouldn't spare her a glance after having a feel of her. Little did he know he was going to grow an addiction without realising it.

He wondered back to how she looked spooked for a second there and figured she probably thought he was keeping tabs on her or something.
"Oh bombón how I wish I did" he spoke out loud thinking back to how she wanted to bolt away after being in his presence for less than a minute.

Flashback

This is one of the few meets I'm having with Lawrency and must I say she's been awfully distant than before. She's always locked away in her thoughts that she barely hears the world around her.

She's not herself anymore and I can feel it. I decide to take her to the Casino to get her favourite drink prepped for her myself.
Might loosen her up a tad bit to have a nice conversation. She barely looks my way after getting into my car, driving all the way back and going into the casino.
I lead her down towards the bar area and motion for her to take a seat on one of the high stools and head to the opposite of her, behind the bar.
I guess I can become a barrister for the night. Anything to make her the least bit relaxed.

A few familiar feminine faces approached to say hi and her nonchalant response all but gave away to how she wasn't in the room with us.
She's asked countless times to be let go, i hear them all, her cry's and pleas to be let go.
Let's get somethings straight, once I do that she's done for. The perpetrators of the night of the attack didn't miss her amidst the mayhem and the fact that she was right beside me during our escape makes the outside world a dangerous place without my protection for her.

I'd rather she was mine to play with than for a pesky idiot to take advantage of.
I agree I first wanted her around for fun, no denying.

I don't know for her but she grew on me, slowly but steadily she did.

Something was eerily different tonight regardless of what I said or did. Made her a drink, she took a sip after much persuasion and dropped it.

After about a few minutes of silence from the both of us she looks at me like she's mustered all the courage in her to say what she was going to say next.
Then and there all my attention was hers, she didn't know what her pretty eyes did to me, how I yearned to hear a full sentence from her the whole night.