Prologue

Hey shooky🫡

You're in!!! Thanks for giving this book a chance; your views and opinions will be much appreciated in the comments section.
Don't forget to like, vote and share.
PROCEED...

Like every other December in New York, the grounds are blanketed with white snow. And like every other mornings at home, my Maa calls out to me ever so lovingly.

Winter isn't exactly my favourite season of the year, neither is it my worst. I've naturally grown to get used to it since it's inevitable but I'd rather it was.
Besides it's not just the cold and dryness that comes with winter I say this. Being a child with absolutely no worries, when thought about now is actually a time we all agree we wish to go back to. With all the presents and yearly family reunions was amazing.

We slowly drifted apart without realising it.

I really miss the times when I had no care nor idea of adulthood.When I had no responsibilities and was the only second and last child receiving constant care and unconditional love.
I've been tossed into a totally different dimension after my baby brother was born. What I've always felt whenever I reminisce the changes his arrival has brought isn't jealousy, don't get me wrong.

Has everything changed in terms of the affection I used to receive? Yes.
Do I get scolded most of the time? Yes again.
Do I wish I could turn back the hands of time just so I can enjoy being the last child of my mother and father once again? Well obviously.

Though impossible, it wouldn't hurt to attempt at making them disappear, and yes he has backup which came a few years after he was born in my gender.

Mental note: ask Google how to make a male teenager and a ten years old girl disappear without any traces.

It's sometimes okay being the second child out of four children, but it's sometimes not.
I say the latter because , I just loathe errands with every fibre in me and in a few seconds I'm going to be dragged out of bed, not physically....but you'll see.

Face buried deep into the pillow I feel her presence before she speaks.
But she doesn't and I know what she's doing, it happens all the time.
I turn to see her casually leaning on my white painted door frames, arms folded firmly, plastering a stoic no nonsense face touching it up with old fashioned glasses placed almost to the top of her nose.

"You know I love you right? I just sometimes wish I could swap you for a hard working dog or even a cow will do  because I'll be rest assured it'll always be ready to be of use instead of laying in bed at 8am in the morning."

Exactly it's 8am!!! Who is so judgemental that early.

"Zaya would definitely fit the cow role and Percie the dog role, you make them useless by constantly being on my neck"  and now they resemble two pigs (in my eyes,but they're not fat in any way) may I add I mumble knowing I don't possess huge enough nuts.
"I dare you to say that a bit louder to my hearing" mother says.

"I'd like to be alive for breakfast so no thanks ma'am " I motion to get up but her piercing almost black orbs stay on my very light brown ones for a few seconds more.

Turning to leave I admire in terms of looks, my ultimate polar opposite.

Whiles Fredrick and I —I know right, someway somehow my parents thought they were living in some ancient royalty era. He's really grateful we shortened it to Freddie but he'll never admit it — came out light skinned compliments of my fathers milky appearance, the two kids I so desperately want to get rid of took after her.