I Percy

Heyo!!!! That's right, another fanfiction. I'm sorry, but the idea just popped into my head and I had to write it down! So, I know my other fic A Whole New Mystery To... is still in progress, but I'm having a major writer's block for that story right now so.... Yeah.... Anyways I might update that one Ina. Week or two 'cause of school and all that greatness. Back to this story! I have no idea how long this will be. So, I have no idea how long it will take. Updates...... Most likely not regular, but you never know! If you read all of this then congrats! But I won't hold you up any longer, hope you enjoy!

Percy stood at the edge of camp next to Thalia's tree looking down at the smoking ruins of the cabins and the big house. Corpses littered the ground like confetti and Percy wanted to scream at the sight before him, but he seemed incapable of even performing that simple task. His mind struggling to understand how this could happen.

"You see demigod," Whispered the voice of Gaia. "this is what will become of your beloved camp. And it will be all your doing. You will help destroy your own home, and betray those who trust you."

"Never!" Percy shouted at the sky, finally overcoming his sense of shock. "I'd sooner go to Tartarus than help you!"

Gaia's soft voice chuckled. "As you wish." Suddenly the scene before him melted away and was replaced by nightmares filled with memories of Tartarus. The arai, Nyx and her minions, killing Akhlys with her own poison and enjoying it, Bob closing the doors.

Suddenly, Percy shot straight up, pupils dilated, and shaking uncontrollably, his mind still going over the images in the nightmare. After a few minutes, he became aware of talking. Blinking a of couple times he slowly stopped shaking and realized he was being watched. The entire crew of the Argo II was gathered around his bed staring at him anxiously.

"Percy?" Annabeth asked softly, her gray eyes betraying her fear. "Can you hear me?" Percy slowly nodded.

'What's going on? What happened? Is someone hurt? Did we get attacked?" Percy asked in rapid fire. He noticed Annabeth let a small smile cross her face. "What?" He demanded.

"It's you we're worried about!" She burst out. Percy just stared at her until he realized he must have been screaming and woken everybody up.

"Oh." He glanced around at the rest of his friends gathered around the small bed, generally crowding the room. "Oh, it's okay, I'm fine, sorry I woke you all up." Annabeth looked about ready to say something but Percy gave her a meaningful look that said we'll talk about this later.

"Alright, then," Annabeth said hesitantly. Leo coughed to get their attention.

"Okay! So, now that we know one of our number is not being brutally murdered, we can get back to business. We need to have a meeting at lunch. Everybody got that?" Everyone nodded their heads silently, still casting worried glances at Percy who felt decidedly uncomfortable from all the unwanted attention. Finally Percy sighed and got up, mumbling about getting some fresh air. As Percy walked out of the cabin, he heard the rest of the seven behind him start to talk. They're probably talking about me Percy thought angrily. He arrived on deck and breathed in the air, saturated by sea spray, deeply. He went to the mast and started climbing the rigging until he got to the cross bar that ran at 90 degrees to the mast. He pulled himself onto the bar, his legs swinging back and forth and let his mind wander.

Gaia, Gaia, Gaia... The name swam around his head like a whirlpool. What had she meant when she had said he would help her? No way would he ever do that! And she must know it. His thoughts stopped abruptly and he repeated himself in his head. She must know it... So that meant she knew no amount of power offerings would sway Percy. She would make a trap, he was convinced of that. It seemed her style. Moves and counter moves... Moves and counter moves... Something Annabeth had told him down in Tartarus. Treachery and deception, that's how Gaia operates. She offers you glory, power, anything you could ever want. Gaia tricks you, and when you take the bait, she reels you in like a fish on a hook. We'd better be careful when we confront her. Never know what she'll use to persuade you. Her eyes had gotten a far away look and Percy was convinced she was thinking of Luke, of what she had seen with the sirens on that day many years ago. Percy snapped back to reality when another pack of venti attacked the ship. Percy sighed, thoroughly annoyed. They just couldn't get a break, could they? he thought. With that, he swarmed back down the rigging to help Leo, who had just gotten above deck and was cursing the storm spirits in Spanish, waving his Nintendo controller madly.

Jason appeared on the deck seconds after Percy and cursed in Latin before joining the fight. Luckily, there weren't many venti, only 5, so the situation was dealt with quickly. After the battle-if it could be called that-Percy walked over to the side of the ship and leaned on the railing, watching the waves lap gently against the hull. He had hoped that Jason wouldn't follow him, but no such luck. Jason stood beside him silently watching the waves and occasionally glancing at Percy.

"Are you okay?" He asked suddenly. Percy had to suppress the urge to snap at him. Ever since he had escaped from Tartarus he had gotten random waves of anger surging through him. Sometimes over something stupid that he would never normally get mad about. He knew something was off, but he couldn't place it.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He responded after about a minutes silence. Jason's face grew a pained expression.

"Percy... You can talk to me about it if you want. I know it might be a bit early, but if you ever need t-" he was cut off abruptly by Percy, who's anger had grown to an intolerable level.

"Will you just stop!" He shouted. Jason's eyes grew wide.

"I was only-" again he was cut off.

"No! Just stop! I don't want your sympathy, and I don't need your help!" He glared at Jason for several seconds. Jason hurriedly backed off, a frightened expression on his face. Percy thought it was from his yelling, but what he didn't realize was that his eyes had flashed a deep red, before returning to their normal sea green color. Then the anger faded and he stared at Jason with a horrified look on his face.

"J-Jason. I'm sorry, I don't what happened. I just got really mad all of a sudden. I didn't mean it." Jason nodded hesitantly before looking firmly at Percy.

"Percy, we need to tell Annabeth." Percy was about to object before Jason continued, "No, hear me out. Your eyes. They changed color when you glared at me. They turned red." Percy stared at him uncomprehendingly.

"Red?" He asked incredulously. "What do you mean they turned red?!" Jason shrugged.

"I mean they turned red. We need to tell Annabeth. Something's wrong, and she might know what."

So that's the end of this chapter! Sorry about that cliff hanger, but I had to end it somewhere. Next update might be next week..... Idk honestly. It all depends on how much homework I get, which I know will be a lot considering this is the last year before high school. Anyways, I'll quit rambling and end it here.

-RangerLizzyTreaty48