VIII Percy: With Great Power...

As promised, by the end of two weeks. Got it updated right in the nick of time though, eh? Read on!

As soon as Percy woke up, he knew he was screwed. For one, he could barely feel his hands and feet, and as his eyes slowly opened, he could vaguely make out a huge shape just in front of him. As full consciousness returned to him, he realized that the large figure was a giant, Polybotes none the less. Luckily, Polybotes was facing the other way at the moment, so as long as Percy didn't make any noise, he could have a couple minutes of peace.

First, he checked his arms, looking for the source of the numbness. He internally groaned when he realized his hands and feet were bound. Looking further and craning his neck, he saw he was tied to a marble block set in the middle of a circular stone platform. Polybotes was sitting on the edge of the platform, most likely guarding him.

His eyes scanned the rest of the area. He was in the middle of a bunch of ruins. Probably someplace that Annabeth would know the name of. Percy's heart lurched at the thought of Annabeth. He shook his head, trying to clear it, but he couldn't help but think of Annabeth's face, the pleading look in her eyes as she begged him to stay. He shut his eyes hard and tried to swallow the lump in his throat. Annabeth. Gods he missed her already and he'd only been awake about a minute.

He opened his eyes and tried to focus, searching for any water he could use to escape. He noticed the familiar weight of Riptide in his pocket, but he realized he would have to free his arms to be able to reach it.

He felt water nearby and his hopes soared. There was a small lake about a quarter of a mile from where he was. Squinting, he could just about make out the glistening of the water under the sun in the distance. He closed his eyes and felt the familiar tug in his gut, the surge of power and his mind screamed at him. Do it!  Unleash your wrath upon this puny giant! Polybotes cannot stand in your way any longer! Percy pushed down the feeling hurriedly before Gaia decided to take advantage of his moment of anger.

Ever since Tartarus this had been happening. The feeling of invincibility and the uncontrollable urge to destroy, to use his powers and vanquish everything that stood in his path. He shook it off, knowing he'd have to be careful and bide his time. Polybotes could turn water into poison, so any attack he made on the bane of his father would have to be carefully calculated and timed. A surprise attack would be the only option, and even then it could only be a distraction because he couldn't defeat Polybotes without the help of a god. He could pray to his father Poseidon, but he knew that his dad had the whole split personality thing going on, and besides, when did the gods actually help their children?

Polybotes turned suddenly and his ugly face split into a horrifying parody of a smile. "So!" he boomed, "I see you have awoken. You're going to wish you hadn't." Polybotes stood, snakes flying from his mess of hair with every shake of his huge head. He crossed the space between them in one step and towered over Percy threateningly.

"First, where are your friends headed." Polybotes growled. "They have gone off the course we have anticipated." Percy didn't have an answer for Polybotes. In truth, he hadn't really known the exact route they had been going in before, but of course Polybotes didn't know that.

"Like I would tell you." Percy scoffed. In return he received a slap across the face: Polybotes' hand felt like a bag of bricks. He suddenly knew how Jason felt. Percy's ears rung and his head swam as he struggled to stay conscious. Tears prickled at the corner of his eyes as a natural reaction, but he forced them not to fall. He wouldn't give Polybotes the satisfaction.

"Do I need to repeat the question."

"Yeah actually, I don't speak stupid." He received another slap. But this was good. As long as Polybotes was more focused on him than actually looking for the rest of the seven himself, then Percy figured he was doing well.

"You will answer!" Polybotes shouted.

"How about no." The giant glared at him.

"You will come to regret that you ever dared to anger me!" Percy rolled his eyes condescendingly.

"Okay, sure." Polybotes' hand disappeared from Percy's line of sight and he tried to brace himself for what he knew was coming.

The preparation did nothing to help ease the pain. His eyes again watered as he felt his jaw shift and his head spin. The ringing in his ears was back too. Delightful. On the edge of unconsciousness, he heard Polybotes talking with someone. Probably an Iris message. Percy strained to listen as his vision began to turn dark.

"....maybe... found the dagger....they can't know..... well guarded......fine.....have fun...the boy....least?" The snippets of conversation that Percy managed to understand didn't mean much to him. Apparently there's a dagger that is either very powerful, or otherwise somehow important. He hoped the seven knew about the dagger, and he assumed the last part was referring to him. The latter of which filled him with dread. He knew Polybotes would use any means necessary to extract information from him. Information he didn't have, but he'd hate to be the one to spoil the party.

Polybotes slashed the connection. He seemed to notice with some surprise that Percy was still awake. Barely, but still conscious. "Now that won't do." He muttered sadistically.

His arm came back, a blurry, green colored mass to Percy's straining eyes. Then the arm came forward and Percy was sent reeling into blissful darkness.

Hey guys! Again sorry for the long wait. Um, homework is being piled on again, so maybe not weekly updates but I'll do my best to update as fast as I can, I promise! Oh and also my best friend just got an account. It's: EmberIsStillOnOgygia and if you want to go check out her stories, that would be amazing. Thanks! Until next time!

-RangerLizzyTreaty48