1

Colby pov

I sat on the couch with Sam and Kat. We were just watching YouTube Buzzfeed unsolved. For inspiration you know.

"We should get food." Kat said to Sam.

Sam smiled at her and asked, "Well what do you want, baby?" He hugged her tighter. She was sitting on top of him as they snuggled. She responded but I didn't pay attention. From the way Sam's voice sounded he must have been tired. I felt bad since he had to take extra work today. More editing and stuff than I did. I looked back at the tv. The video just ended. I sigh. I guess I'm tired too.

I look at my phone. 7:34 I guess I'm pretty hungry. Maybe I'll get some pizza or something from the fridge and heat it up. I look at Sam and Kat. They seem pretty occupied with each other. All lovey dovey and stuff. They snuggle with each other as I said, "Are you guys going to go out to eat anything?" I asked. I wasn't annoyed or anything. But I could feel the exhaustion in my voice.

"Yeah I think we were maybe gonna get some taco bell in a few minutes. You're gonna come?" Sam said.

I thought for a second. "Sure," I said.

They began to get up and I did too. I went over to the door and put some shoes on. I was pretty much ready to leave since earlier I went to visit a friend. I went upstairs to grab my wallet. It was on my desk.

Then I heard a knock on the door, and a yell that didn't sound like it was from inside the house. I heard the door open and I started walking downstairs. "Don't leave witho-" But they weren't leaving. I saw Sam and Kat with their hands up and several FBI agents holding guns at them.

I dropped my wallet and lifted my hands up. They went over to Sam and leaned him against the couch. "Uh excuse me, what the hell is happening?" He said with much urgency in his voice.

"Stop what the hell did he do?" Kat asked

I put my hands down and ran over to them. "What the hell is happening." I practically screamed.

I immediately caught their attention and they said, "Samuel Golbach you are under arrest for the homicide of Jaylee Turner and Paxton Withmelt."

"What!" Sam yelled, "What the hell, I didn't do anything." He seemed so scared. I was in shock, I didn't know how to feel obviously. I know Sam didn't kill anyone. But what would he do to be a suspect?

"What the hell, no this is not happening" I said, "Sam didn't kill anybody."

I was ignored as they said, "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you." They began to walk him out of the room. Sam was silent and he looked in shock. But I kept Talking.

"You can't take him ... He would never ever kill anybody... This is crazy, how is this possible." I repeated those phrases to them over and over again but they ignored me. I went over and hugged Kat, who I realized was in shock, crying. She sobbed into my arms. "Holy shit." I said. "This is crazy this is not happening." An officer finally came over to us. But they didn't give us any good news. All they alerted us of was when we could see him and they were going to have to investigate Sam's apartment, which we were currently in. I told her he didn't do it. But she said the worst thing she could have said.

"Who do you think your friend is?"

Me and Kat sat there in shock. I could feel her shaking and hear her whimpering. I bet she was scared just as much as Sam.

"I wanna see Sam." she said.

We walked to the car and got in. I drove us to the police station.

...