2

Colby Pov

It took me a few hours but I sorted everything out. All the random VHS tapes. I've seen these, but never used one. I don't understand how Sam got his hands on these, but right now my mind is so mixed and in shock that I am unable to fully take in everything right now.

There were over 100 VHS tapes in total. I had set a light with my phone and found that three out of the seven boxes had the tapes. I looked for something to play the tapes in but I couldn't find anything. The other 4 boxes were filled with different items. Two of them had random books in it. Maybe 40 books. They were all in different languages, so I couldn't understand it. But why the (H) would Sam have this? Then the other 2 boxes were full of crumpled up papers. I opened up a few of them. They were written notes. And they were in Sam's handwriting. I could tell. I didn't have time to read yet. There were so many. I grabbed the box and flipped it upside down. Too many to count. I wouldn't ever be able to read all of these.

I began to take every single thing from the boxes and lay it on the ground. The tapes, books, and papers. Gosh what the (H). This is insane. This is crazy. I don't know why this is happening. I don't know how. I sat down on the stone cold cement floor. I think I need to take in what's happening. What I'm doing right now is crazy. I mean this is- this doesn't make sense. Today was supposed to be an innocent day. Not something like this. And what is it? Like 6am. I start to giggle. Just a little. "What the hell?" I said with a sort of a silly voice.

"I am sooo sleep deprived." I said to myself. It was a little echoey down here. I laid down for a bit. Honestly just relaxed and it was really nice. Made me feel calm and relaxed. I think myself being this tired just laying down actually makes me feel a sort of calm. "God, what the hell am I doing." I say to myself.

I mean- what the hell am I doing? I am laying on the floor of the basement underneath the apartment building we live in. Looking through some of Sam's personal items that I never knew he had while I don't even know what's happening to him right now. He should have told me about these too.

Suddenly a horrible stench reached my nose. I unknowingly sniffed it. I yelped and jumped up, standing and looking at the mess I made. I guess I just have to look through this stuff quickly. I began to look through the books. I didn't understand anything. "God," I said. The horrible stench had gotten so much worse in just a few seconds. I don't think I can stay here much longer. I began to grab many things and throw them into boxes. I grabbed all of the VHS tapes and most of the papers. But the stench got so bad I couldn't stand it anymore. I grabbed 2 boxes full of most of the things and ran out while almost vomiting over and over again. I placed the boxes on the ground before I got my breath back. Jesus Christ.

I picked up the boxes. Shit, I couldn't go to my place. I didn't want this to be taken from me. I needed somewhere to go. I got out my phone. Who the hell should I call? I didn't want to really talk to anyone. But someone came to my mind. Jake. I know I haven't talked to him for a while but I had a feeling in me that he's the one I should call.

I called him. And it was okay. He answered and he is staying near here right now. And he said I can. I can stay with him for a while. So I went around the building, got in my car, and drove to the address he gave me.

Sam Pov

Kat walked out of the room. I have been sitting here for I don't even know how long. I've talked to so many police and they have talked to me about my whole life. They have mentioned everything there is to mention. I've talked to Kat and both my parents. But now I am still handcuffed and in this freaking chair. After a while don't they have to like to release me or something? I don't know, I've never been- like questioned like this before. I'm scared and I don't know what to do. What if I get caught? This wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't even supposed to happen. Why or how is this happening? I began to cry again.

Why is this happening? I was supposed to be hanging out with Kat today. And Colby. Doing my job. My normal job. Nothing else.

I keep lying to them. Sobs make me seem so real. My parents don't know. Kat doesn't know. I don't know about Colby. He left after he saw me. I think. Or he would have talked to me again. But I need him on my side. I need him here. I've yelled for him more times than anybody else.

I was going to regret this.

I am going to regret this.

They are going to regret this.

I have no regrets.