6

Colby pov

I walked back into the station with my laptop. After my own screaming in the car, I drove home and grabbed my laptop. I knew I couldn't stay at home cause I brought Jake.

I went inside and saw that Sam was now in new handcuffs and sitting at the table. Listening as officers and more talked to him. He would nod his head at some answers. But he would not say any words. I went over to a seat next to Jake. He was just sitting down in a seat in a main part of the building with several officers.

I opened the laptop. I thought that he would ask what I was doing. But he didn't. He just sat there. Instead of signing onto my account. I signed onto Sam's.

I knew his email and password cause that's how much we trusted each other. God that hurts so much to say.

I never looked through his stuff. I always knew it wasn't appropriate to do something that was invading. But maybe I could find an answer here. I didn't want to watch all of those tapes.

I went to his history.

I could never unsee what he searched.

The first thing I found out was Sam had therapy. I didn't know this, none of his friends did. Or it would have gotten to me. It said that they had 4 online sessions before they decided to meet in person. Then they didn't talk again.

Another nasty feeling got inside of me. What if he did something to her? Stop. I can't think about that. 

I found a drug dealing website. One that I can tell he used. I looked at his transactions on his card and he did send money to the people he bought it from. Every single thing I read from this broke my heart even more. It was like every person I knew was disappointed in me. I couldn't describe the amount of sadness I was feeling inside myself.

A porn addiction. Something I never would have expected out of him. But I have heard Sam and Kat discuss their relationship. Maybe he was using this as a cope. It makes sense but it's a horrible way to cope. I mean I've always told Sam he could talk to me. Hearing he had therapy sessions and that he's doing drugs just is horrible. He didn't even trust me. And that is where the anger comes from.

I pulled up his downloaded pictures.

There were pictures I wouldn't even put here if I could. I don't even want to describe them. It's horrible. There were people dead. Not super bloody. But there was definitely blood. And there were videos. With begging, and screams, and cracks of bones and-

I shut the laptop. No more. I could not anymore. Sam's life was a lie. I know there were people that lied about everything. But nobody expected Sam to be it. Nobody expected him to do anything bad. And he seemed so innocent and- that's exactly why he got away with it so much. 

I sighed to myself. I couldn't handle so much feeling inside of myself. It felt like I was going to explode. So I began to cry. They were tiny cries. To the point where only Jake would hear.

He kinda let me lean into his head. Which did really help me relax and calm down. We sat there for a few minutes before he said, "What did you find on your laptop?"

I tried to find the right answer. "Uh-" I didn't want to say it but I knew I needed to say it to someone before I snapped in rage, "bad things. He didn't trust us enough I guess." Tears welled up in my eyes. "He had a therapist, and I think he did something to her. And he did drugs. And willingly did bad things and-'' I stopped because I was crying again.

I felt him hold my hand. And it wasn't in a romantic way. It was like in a way where he was letting me know he was there. And I didn't resist. Knowing someone was there for me felt a little good.