𝑫𝒐𝒔

So," Olivia smiled, dragging out the word, "whatcha wearing tonight?"

Y/n chuckled, shaking her head as she helped her sister hang up her clothes, "I don't even know if I'm going."

"Why?!" Olivia questioned, throwing the shirt she was holding back in the pile dramatically. "You know I hate parties, plus we just got here and we're already going to one?"

"A Dios, who cares! We deserve some fun after everything plus you need to get out of your 'I hate everyone, leave me alone' phase eventually."

Y/n rolled her eyes, "It's not a phase."

Olivia walked over to her closet, her back turned to her sister, "Whatever. Anyway, you've been claimed girl, you have to go."

"I don't have to."

"So, you don't wanna see Oscar?" The girl teased, walking over to her sister as she deepened her voice, "'Sálvame un baile, baby,' how romantic?"

Y/n threw a shirt at Olivia, grinning, "Cállate! I can already tell he's a player, how many pendejas you think he's said that to?"

"Oh, come on, he's kinda cute! Stop being a prude."

Y/n sighed, crossing her arms over her chest, "Fine, help me pick out an outfit."

The party was nothing like y/n expected it to be. As the five teenagers drove from Ruby's, they could hear the music from almost two blocks away. When they pulled up, crowds of people were standing on the front lawn dancing, smoking and drinking.

Y/n could see Oscar along with his brother, Cesar leaning against his car, talking to a group of guys. Y/n looked over at Ruby, Jamal and Monse in the backseat, "You guys go ahead, I need to park." At her nod, the three exited, standing across the street as y/n talked to Olivia.

"You," y/n pointed to her sister as she drove, "no crazy shit. You can drink, no smoking and I better not see your 14 year old ass on some guy."

"Cálmate," Olivia groaned as y/n finally found a spot to park, "I know the rules."

"Good then let's go."

When they entered the house, the teenagers began their missions. Jamal and Ruby were on a search for novias, Monse needed to talk to Cesar, Olivia craved to make friends that night instead of being stuck with her sister and y/n nervously knew at some point, she would have to talk to Oscar. Everyone went their own ways, leaving y/n by herself in the kitchen.

To her left, were a couple making out on the kitchen counter, which made y/n make a face. The girl decided if she was gonna be bored, she might as well be tipsy and bored. She grabbed a green cup off the table, making herself a drink when someone put a hand on her shoulder, "Green, huh?"

Y/n turned around to a heavy set girl. She was wearing huge, gold bamboo earrings along with a crop top that had way too small and had many rips in it. "Green means you're single and ready to mingle, girl!"

Y/n was immediately hit by the girl's breath which smelled like cigarettes and cheap beer. Y/n nodded, turning her head to the line of cups that were organized by color, as the girl went on, "Yellow is for when you messin' with somebody but they ain't ya boo yet, and red is when homie got you on lock. I'm Jasmine, by the way."

Y/n tried not to gag at Jasmine's hygiene as she spoke, "y/n."

"You the one Oscar's on the look for," Jasmine realized, pointing her finger at y/n, "Tried to dance with him, you know make my move, but he just brushed me off. Now I know why!"

"Yeah," y/n nodded, fake smiling, "that's why."

"So, why aren't you with su jevo?" Jasmine questioned and y/n pointed passed her, making the girl turn.

"He looks pretty busy." The two watched as Oscar talked to another girl. His arm around her waist and his face close to hers.

"Damn, girl," Jasmine shook her head, "It's okay, I heard his dick's small anyway."

Y/n choked on her drink, wiping her mouth as she laughed. Oscar looked up from the blonde he was preoccupied with, watching y/n. As y/n made solid eye contact with him from across the room, he pushed the girl aside.

"Uh oh," Jasmine mumbled as she clapped her heads together, "guess that's my cue to leave."

"But-" y/n started, not wanting to be alone. Jasmine quickly walked away, joining a new group of people, "Bye girl!"

She sighed as she tried to look busy as Oscar made his way over to her, so it wasn't obvious she was just ditched, even though she was.

"You finally made it," he smiled, grabbing her hand.

Y/n shook her head, laughing, "I see you kept yourself busy," hinting to the girl he was just with.

"Hard to keep the chicas away when you're me," he joked, pretending to pop his shirt collar. Y/n rolled her eyes, walking past him to the kitchen table. He followed her, watching her make another drink, "I'm just kidding, trust me, the only girl I want to keep me busy is you."

Y/n ignored him, taking a sip from her cup. "C'mon mami, can I get that dance now?"

"Why? There's plenty of other girls you can dance with."

"Yeah, you right," Oscar nodded, making y/n scoff, "but they not you." Y/n couldn't help the feeling that rose in her stomach when he said that but she immediately forced it away.

She chuckled, "Cute."

"You know you like me," the man teased, grabbing her hand again.

"I barely even know you."

"So get to know me."

"I'm 17, you're like," y/n looked him up and down, "un viejo."

Oscar laughed, pulling the girl closer to him, "19, actually, can we dance now? Or do you have any more excuses?"

The teenager sighed, looking up at him before putting her cup down. She took his other hand in hers and led him to the living room, "Fine."