𝑺𝒆𝒊𝒔

When y/n pulled into the driveway of the Martinez house, Jamal, Monse, Olivia and Ruby were sitting on the porch waiting for her. As soon as she got out of her car, the four ran up to her, anxiously waiting to hear what happened.

"So?" Jamal broke the silence, "Is Cesar out of the gang?"

Y/n didn't look at them, just shook her head 'no'.

"What happened?" Monse eagerly asked, her eyes searching the girl's face.

"Oscar didn't want to hear it," y/n replied, looking up at the girl, "claimed it's Cesar destiny, or whatever, to be a Santo. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Ruby cut in, putting his hand on Monse's shoulder, who looked oddly devestated, "We'll find another way."

After dinner with the Martinez family, y/n headed back downstairs to the basement. She never really was a fan of homework or just work in general but since this year was her last, she needed to step it up. She knew of a couple of colleges that she would be interested in going to but with no money, she knew her shit grades from the previous three years weren't going to cut it. She quickly got over her rage of having an essay on the first day of school and got started.

The door to the basement opened, making a line of light reflect on the sheet everytime someone came down. The slow footsteps echoed throught out the room and soon, Abuela opened the curtain, "Mija, you have a guest."

Y/n sat up on the bed, "A guest?"

Abuela shook her head, "He's tall, fuerte y lindo!" Y/n raised her eyebrow, following Abuela up the stairs. She walked in the living room, Ruby and Olivia on the couch watched as she opened the front door. Oscar was standing there, staring at his feet, but he picked up his head as the door reopened.

"How did you know I live here?" Y/n questioned.

Oscar shrugged, "I know people."

"I bet you do," y/n rolled her eyes, leaning against the door, "what are you doing here?"

Oscar was wearing his usual attire which consisted of a white muscle shirt, which showed off his tattoos well, dark jeans and black Converse.

He tilted his head, holding out his arms, "I wanna take you out."

Y/n's eyes widened, "Take me out?"

"On a date, tú sabe, on some romantic shit."

Y/n looked over her shoulder, Ruby and Olivia listening to the whole conversation. They both nodded and gave a thumbs up, which made y/n sigh, "Fine."

As Oscar pulled up to the place, y/n smiled, "You brought me to the beach?"

Oscar smiled widely, almost proudly, "Romantic, huh?"

They both exited the car and y/n noticed that they were the only ones there, "Very."

The two spent the next hour walking up and down the sand talking.

Oscar took the blunt from its place behind his ear and lit it as y/n watched him, "So, why did you bring me here? Sex on the beach?"

Oscar chuckled, shaking his head as he took a hit, "Nah, cause I wanted to make up for earlier."

"You don't have to make up for anything."

"Yeah, I do. I don't want you think that I'm a bad guy for how I take care of Cesar," Oscar took another hit before passing the blunt to y/n.

She hesitated before taking it, "What I think doesn't matter, it's not like it's really any of my business."

"To me, it matters," he said quietly, "don't know why, but it does." Y/n took a couple of hits before giving the blunt back to Oscar.

"Not an amateur, huh?" He laughed, holding up the blunt.

Y/n chuckled, shaking her head, "Junior year was my experimental phase."

"I kind of miss high school, didn't get to really experience it." Oscar stopped walking, the two taking a seat on a giant rock.

"Why?"

"Did something stupid and got locked up," he replied, ashing the blunt before handing it to her, "I had to finish in juvie."

"Did you want to go to college?" Y/n asked, looking in front of her. The ocean looked wildly beautiful at night and the sound of waves crashing against each other was relaxing.

"Yeah, but I kind of knew it was never gonna happen." Y/n looked over at him, to see him already looking at her. "What did you want to be?"

Oscar smiled, "You ask a lot of questions."

"I do?" She asked, shaking her head when she realized that was also a question.

"I used to come here all the time with my pops, spent hours just sitting here. Thought you would enjoy it as much as I do."

Y/n put her head on his shoulder, feeling the effect of the weed. Oscar put his arm around her lower back, bringing her closer into him. She had the urge to move away but she let it be. "It's beautiful. My parents never really brought me and Olivia to beaches."

"Where are your parents?"

"They got deported back to Jalisco a couple of months ago," y/n said quietly, hating to say it outloud, "Olivia and I stayed with other family members for a while but after they got sick of us, the Martinez' took us in."

"Lo siento."

"It's okay. I mean, I miss them, but I can't really let it affect me, you know, with Olivia and all."

Oscar nodded, "I can understand that." The pair sat in silence for a while, staring ahead of them, the only sound the water. Oscar's hand traced small patterns on y/n's back as her head still had it's place on his shoulder. She couldn't help but feel completely relaxed, soaking herself in it for as long as she could. When she could feel herself start to fall asleep, y/n lifted her head, looking over at Oscar who was staring at her.

Often, y/n hated eye contact because it made her extremely anxious but whenever he looked at her, she never felt that way. It was a warm feeling that she got from him even though he wasn't exactly the warmest person. His hand went from her back to the girl's thigh, causing a familiar hot sensation in her stomach to rise. His eyes went from hers to her lips, as they both seemed to inch closer to each other. Y/n closed her eyes, feeling his breath. She had kissed plently of guys before but they were usually just casual, 'why not' kisses, that never really meant anything to her but she knew this one would mean something to her.

Y/n moved away, opening her eyes, "I should get home, I have school in the morning."

Oscar nodded, standing up, holding out a hand to help her up. She took it, internally feeling stupid for what just happened. "Let's get you home then."