Chapter 12

After Klaus had gotten to know Emma, he too realized that she acts the same as Rebekah before their vampirism. He also noticed the smile that made a permanent stay on his older brother's face the more they interacted with the blonde.

The original hybrid still remained oblivious of the girl's mermaid nature. The reason for this is because even though he and Elijah were brothers, the noble stag didn't see the need to reveal a secret which wasn't his to tell. He swore an oath to protect her and he wouldn't hesitate to stake Niklaus if he pose a threat to Emma.

Their leisurely day was put to an end when Emma noticed the posters of the moon placed around the city.

"What's the posters for?" she asked.

"Well Em, tonight's a full moon so there will be a party taking place throughout the city," replied Klaus.

"I..it's a full moon tonight?" Emma asked now panicked.

She was having so much fun the past few days so she didn't realize that the time was flying by. This meant it was three weeks now since she's been in the city.

"Yes Emma is something wrong," Elijah asked noticing her panicked expression.

"I need to go," she said signalling to the noble male that it had something to do with her being a mermaid.

Biding the Mikaelson brothers a farewell, Emma rushed to the nearest store and bought a roll of tape and a bunch of news papers. She was going to moon proof her apartment.

She checked the time and saw that it was forty five minutes past five and the moon was going to rise at six thirty. She knew she'd need a few more stuff so she hurriedly bought food and ran home.

After arriving at her apartment and bidding Aunt Agatha a good evening she ran to her apartment. Upon arrival she checked the time and saw that it was fifteen minutes past six. With only fifteen minutes to spare she hurried to work.

She hurriedly placed the food on the counter and grabbed the tape and news papers. She covered every crevice and corner however, it was as if nature was going against her as the balcony doors suddenly opened allowing glthe bright moonlight to shine inside the room.

Thinking she got everything covered, Emma returned to her room only to see the bright light of the moon.

Hypnotized under the light of the full moon, the young mermaid listened to it's enchanting music as it called out to her.

Meanwhile in a certain moon pool the magic came alive. It basked in the light of the moon. The water started to ripple as whirlpool formed and out of the water appeared a dragon.

The majestic water beast rose out of the water as the light of the moon reflected through its watery exterior. As if responding to its master's energy, the dragon dived into the water following the energy.