Rescue

I stare at the wall for hours, unable to sleep not knowing where Harper is

I went to all her usual spots to check if she was there before returning back to the dorm, completely defeated.

That's when I spotted a folded up piece of paper on her pillow which I had originally just assumed was apart of the mess she left on her bed. The paper explained how she was going to visit her home town and how she would call me in a couple hours. 

The note gave me some relief as at least I knew that there was a reason she wasn't here but the anxiety still lingers, especially because she hasn't called me yet.

The boys stayed up with me at first but once it reached midnight they all started drifting off one by one until eventually I was the only one left awake.

Harper must have a good reason to have left because I know she hates being away from me just as much as I hate being away from her. Regardless of her reason I'm still going to scold her for leaving me worried all night.

Suddenly my phone rings, causing me to jump up and frantically search my messy nightstand. I don't recognise the number but I pick up anyway, praying that it's Harper.

"Lucian?" Her clearly distressed voice rings out from the other end. 

"Harper, are you okay? I ask frantically, causing Emilio to stir. "Are you at a party?" I question, hearing music in the background.

"No, I'm at my mum's house," She hiccups. My anxiety spikes when I hear this, scared of what that crazy bitch has done now. "What's happened?" I question, needing to know what has made her so upset.

"I just want to come home now," She cries. "Can you send me some money for a train ticket I'll pay you back I promise," She pleads.

"Harper listen to me, you need to calm down" I say calmly, sensing she's on the verge of panicking. 

I run my hand through my hair in frustration. I don't want her travelling alone at this time of night but I also don't want her staying with her mum.

I rack my brain for ideas before finally remembering that I have a friend who lives in Trispen, a twenty minute drive from the centre of Cornwall.

"Alright Harper I want you to wait outside and I'm going to send someone to pick you up," I tell her. "Okay," She sniffles. She gives me the address of her mum's house as I write it down in my notes.

I hear the arguing in the background intensify as a large crash echos through the phone, "I've got to go I love you bye," She rushes out, hanging up the phone.

I quickly sift through my contacts, eventually landing on my friend Callum. I call him six times before he answers.

"Hello?" He questions groggily, clearly having been woken up by my incessant calling. "Hey man I need a favour," I say.