Epilogue

"No no you relax, I've got this," I say sarcastically, lugging the majority of our boxes up into the apartment by myself

School ended eight months ago. Harper left with some of the best results out of our whole year, getting an A* in every single subject. I didn't do too bad either if I do say so myself.

Harper was offered a degree apprenticeship for becoming a pharmacologist but it meant we'd have to move to London. She was unsure, not wanting to leave me but also not wanting to lose this opportunity.

Obviously there was never even a doubt in my mind that I wouldn't go with her, I'd quite literally follow her to the ends of the earth if it made her happy.

She was frilled when I told her that I'd come and started immediately looking at jobs we could work on the side so we could afford to rent an apartment. 

Of course I told her that I could simply just buy us a house but she refused, not wanting to live off my parent's money but instead wanting to work for what we have. Plus she said struggling 'adds character'.

Emilio, Tyler and Miles all moved into a huge penthouse in the centre of London, funded by my parents of course. Whereas Carter and Dex went off to uni.

Our place is small but we love it, everything we own is filled with memories like all the times we went hunting in thrift stores and garage sales to find the perfect pieces of furniture.

"There," Harper huffs, placing the last of our boxes in the corner, leaving us with an empty space in the middle of the room.

The apartment has no bulbs so it's completely dark, the only source of light being a singular candle on the counter.

"Now what," I say, knowing our arms are too crippled from lifting all them boxes to even start putting up the furniture.

"Hmm let's dance" Harper says completely randomly, grabbing both of my hands. "What?" I laugh. 

"Dance with me Mr Cruz," She requests, turning on I only have eyes for you by the Skyliners, one of her current favourite songs.

"Well if you insist future Mrs Cruz," I return her energy. I nudge open the fridge so the light can flood the room, making Harper's beautiful face actually visible. She giggles as I spin her around before snaking my arm around her waist.

I laugh to myself, not quite believing that the first night in my first ever apartment is being spent dancing with my future wife in the refrigerator light.