Chapter 9

NEXT DAY - IN CLASS

I open the door of my lecture hall and was immediately greeted by Mr. Yeager's back. It looked like he was talking to someone, but I couldn't see who it was that was standing in front of him.

"Good morning" I said awkwardly. He turned around almost too quick and revealed the person who he had a conversation with.

"Jean, hi" My eyebrows raised up as I didn't expect him to be here right now. I did arrive quite early, but that was because I wanted to return Eren's clothes without anyone seeing anything. I hide the bag with his clothes behind my legs and look forward at two men standing before me.

"Y/N, please help me with this." Jean had a desperate expression on his face while Mr. Yeager radiated with annoyance.

"Umm..." I look at Mr. Yeager, not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry if I hadn't made myself clear enough, but there is nothing that will change my mind. Not everything in life will be planned one week ahead, Kirschtein." Mr. Yeager's cold voice spoke without hesitation.

I realized what this was about. Only yesterday, Mr. Yeager gave my assignment to Jean. Poor guy probably didn't have enough time to prepare for today. I felt bad, knowing why Mr. Yeager had to give my assignment to someone else.

Jean looked like he was about to explode any second now, which definitely wasn't good. Not just that, but I also felt some kind of tension between them. I couldn't exactly figure out what it was... probably just men and their level of testosterone.

"I think-" My sentence was cut short by our professor.

"Do you want another assignment Miss Y/N?" I froze when his dark eyes looked at me. He was obviously pissed, but he wasn't thinking rationally. I press my lips together and look away, feeling intimidated.

"Did you or did you not prepare at least something?" He returns his attention to Jean. Seeing Jean avoid his eyes, the answer was clear.

"To your seats. Both of you. I see none of you are responsible enough for any kind of work." His jaw was clenched tight as he watched Jean walk up to his seat with his head hung low.

"You and I are going to-" He spoke to me but I cut him off by walking away, just as he said. I dropped the bag with his clothes on his desk along the way. I wasn't going to sit in the first row. I climb up the staris, catching up with Jean.

"Do you mind if I sit next to you? I feel guilty now." I force out a chuckle.

"Of course not, my friends aren't coming today anyway. Had too much fun yesterday." He winks as I sit down on the seat next to him.

"Oh, really? Is the cafe such a fun place?" I joke, knowing the cafe wasn't his last destination yesterday. Jean smiles and takes out his one notebook and pen from his backpack.

"Oh, this looks very good." I point at his sketches on the first page. They were all of a person, a woman to be exact. But the woman was faceless, he only drew her body proportions.

"Thanks, drawing is my hobby. Let's draw Mr. Yeager." He said and quickly moved the pen against paper. When he moved his hand away, it was a simple devil face emoji. We both laugh at a silly drawing that was made with much less effort than previous ones.

We kept talking before more and mores students started entering and filling up empty seats. In a span of 10 minutes, everything was full and the lecture began.

Mr. Yeager taught without showing any signs of irritation, unlike before. He was professional and distant right now. He didn't pay too much attention to the upper rows, so almost everyone here was on their phones or simply not listening to him. Even Jean next to me didn't listen since the start of the class. He kept drawing instead of taking notes.