Chapter 16

Jean and I ended up watching a movie and talking for the whole night. He was actually great, not the guy I expected him to be. He was funny and knew how to keep a conversation going, and I could see he cared about what I talked about. Every time I looked at him, he seemed cold and uninterested, but as soon as I talk with him it's like he's a whole new person. At around 12 AM he left my appartement and I almost immediately fell asleep. I had class the next day, and I would be lying if I said I was excited to go. Because of Mr. Yeager, I dreaded going to his classes. I sigh annoyed as I was getting in my comfortable bed. At least I get to sleep now. 

NEXT DAY

I enter my class with a cup of hot tea in my hands. I was one of the first few people who got here so early. Mr. Yeager was sitting behind his desk, looking at his laptop. I ignored him and walked up the stairs to sit next to Jean. He smiled at me as he greeted me and moved so I could sit down.

"How are you feeling today?" He turns to me and asks. I took a sip of my tea and raised my eyebrows to think.

"I won't lie, I do feel better. Maybe your company does help." I chuckle as he nudges me a little. 

"Look" He shows me his notebook where he drew. A beautiful portrait of me was covering a whole page. It was very detailed and it looked like it took a lot of time to finish.

"Wow, this is... You're very talented Jean..." I went over the pencil lines with my fingers. I looked up at him, only to see him already staring at me. He smiles at me, and his eyes almost immediately fall down to my lips. I swear my heart skipped a beat, the look he had in his eyes right now was telling me everything. My lips suddenly felt dry so I went over them with my tongue. Why did he have to look so... good? 

"Yoo, Jean" Multiple voices interrupted our moment, and I sink back to my seat. Jean looks at the guys that sat around us, those were his friends. 

"Are you guys official?" One of them says while laughing and jokingly pushing another guy. 

"Why don't you look at your own business, I haven't seen you with your girlfriend for a while." Jean sounded irritated, but he managed to stay cool. Everyone laughs at his joke except the guy who teased, and, well, me... 

"Guys, please keep it down." Mr. Yeager raised his tone in a authoritative manner. Everyone looked at us and I looked down at my notebook. As I lift my head back up, Mr. Yeager turned his gaze to someone else. I huffed a generous amount of air in annoyance, gritting my teeth. 

"You okay?" Jean looked at me and placed his hand on my leg. I smiled and nodded, noting to myself to stop having such obvious reactions. He acknowledged my answer but didn't move his hand from my leg. I was having a hard time concentrating on the lecture, as Jean would occasionally move his thumb against the fabric of my jeans. I also noticed he wasn't taking notes at all, but was drawing the whole time. He looked so into it, I didn't want to say anything that would distract him. 

On the other hand, listening to the lecture was hard for one more reason. Getting involved with Mr. Yeager on a personal level was a huge mistake on my part. Not that he only played me, but he made studying for his subject even harder. And seeing other girls salivating over him made me want to throw up - it was constantly reminding me that everyone found him attractive, therefore I am like every girl in this room. The only difference is, that I actually got to kiss him. A few times. But those few times were enough to make me attracted to him even more. 

That attraction was all on a physical side - I could never like him for his personality, because the way he was acting towards me was truly terrible. Even for really beautiful people, ugly inside can't be unnoticed. If these girls knew how he really was, I think they wouldn't stare at him the way they are now. I gulped as I was watching him. He was explaining everything in detail and always answered the questions someone else might have for him. When he was calling out for answers, I never raised my hand and he never called on me.