MOONLIT NIGHTS

Finney's POV:

I sat on my bed, with tears streaming down my face, a month ago today I successfully escaped from the grabber, sadly..I was the only survivor.

During my time there, the ghosts of the kids who was murdered had called me off an old phone, if it wasn't for any of them then I probably wouldn't be alive right now, so I brought the phone home with me, hoping to get another call.

As I continued crying the phone rang, it was odd because the wire wasn't attached to the wall anymore but I paid no attention to it.

I wiped my tears, got up and answered it. "Hello?" I said quietly. "Hey Finney" I heard my old girlfriend speak, she was also one of the grabbers victims.

"Y/N..I'm so glad to hear from you-" I started speaking as if it was a normal conversation and that she wasn't gone. But I was soon cut off by her voice "Finn stop" she said.

"Stop?..stop what? I asked even though I already knew the answer, "stop pretending I'm still here"
Y/N whispered.

"But Y/N-" I got cut off again. "You'll live a long time yet Finney..an eternity without me" she started. I sniffled silently and listened to what she had to say.

I heard her sigh and continue what she was saying "you will look into the faces of passers by, hoping for something that will, for an instant..bring me back to you" I could hear her crying now.

"You will find moonlit nights strangely empty because...when you call my name through them there will be no answer" I was now crying as well.

She choked, "Always, your heart will be aching for me, and your mind will give you the doubt or consolation that you did-" Y/N paused before saying "A brave thing". After a few seconds she whispered "I will always love you Finn" and she hung up the phone.

"Why did he have to take you away from me Y/N" I cried, and put the phone down. "I love you too".