CH 2 | I WISH YOU DIED

Holding onto the gold fountain pen in your quivering hand, you gazed down at the black file which had your marriage paper

Holding onto the gold fountain pen in your quivering hand, you gazed down at the black file which had your marriage paper. Taking in a deep breath you sensed Taehyung’s gaze on your physique while he was sitting on the adjacent couch to yours deposited in the center of his office cabin.

“Tell me that I am making the right decision, Dad… I can’t do it alone after you are gone by my side.” Taking a glance at the lad sitting while propping his forearm on his thighs, intertwining his fingers together.

Gazing down at me with his lunar eyes which were gleaming with the moonlight filtering through the glass pane. You observed the amber tincture in his eyes and the water settled on his lower eyelid which was glinting in the dingy room, “Are his eyes glistening?”

Before you could scrutinize any further he blinked, looking elsewhere, licking his lower lip and clamping it within his teeth. You heard his voice, “Read the papers, and if you are convinced then sign them.” His voice held the firmness but the smoothness didn’t go unnoticed by you.

“I don’t have any other choice than marrying you, Y/n. I have lost one of my closest friends and I can do anything to complete his last wish. Even if it takes to marry you and protect you with my own life. Your father’s last wish was to see you getting married to the man he wanted to and that’s what he told me to do when he was lying on his deathbed.”

Taehyung raised his feet from the couch while you opened the folder before reading the heading which was inked on the white paper, “MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE.” You knitted your eyebrows together after reading the heading inked on the papers before looking up at Taehyung who walked past you and stood against the glass pane, discerning the city vista with his hands inside his pants pocket.

Gulping down a lump in your throat, you read out the papers carefully, without leaving any word, “A contract marriage for one year.” Blinking off the tears, you licked off your dry petals, you haven’t drunk or eaten something for the time being. Probably since noon.

The sudden blurry vision made you close your eyes for a few seconds while you furrowed your eyebrows before opening your eyes and reading the last sentence written on the paper. Stiffening the hold on the pen, you opened the cap before propping the tip of the pen above the inked letters where your name was written in bold while Taehyung’s signature was already present.

Taking a second or so, you scribbled your sign on the paper while Taehyung turned around to take a look at you, signing the papers. Squinting his eyes, he noticed the gesture of your quivering hands as you finished signing the papers, and the pen slid off through your fingers. The pen plunged into the glass table and rolled down from the table to the wooden floor.

You clenched your eyes shut when you stretched your hand to your head which started aching ten minutes as you wiggled your head left to right, gingerly to slide the pain off while Taehyung noticed your every gesture as he took a few steps towards the couch you were sitting on. “Y/n…” He whispered, softly as you opened your eyes in that jiffy and blinked a couple of times.