16|The Fight

Eve's POV

Aaron roared before running behind him and giving him a hard punch in the back.

Everyone gasped as we witnessed what just happened.

Haze halted at once and I could tell Aaron instantly regretted it because he started to make small steps backwards.

I knew that after that, my or anybody else's permission didn't mean Jack shit to Haze.

Silence filled the halls as no one dared to speak. No one knew what would happen next because no one ever dared to challenge Haze first.

I turned to look at Belly and Chase and they were both pale as ghosts.

Haze turned around and the look in his eyes was pure rage. Those were not the soft, gentle eyes that cuddled with me a couple days ago. Those eyes belonged to a completely different person.

He began to laugh and persons around began to step back.

No one knew what he would do but one thing for sure is that anybody in proximity would not be safe.

Belly dropped to the ground. "This is my fault. Aaron's going to die because of me."

"Don't say that! Stop being so dramatic," Chase ordered as he helped her up.

Haze stopped laughing and his face got serious.

Aaron was shivering as he stood in front of Haze.

He used his right hand to send a punch right on Aaron's left cheek. This instantly sent Aaron plummeting to the concrete ground.

Aaron began to crawl away, and Haze nonchalantly followed behind him. At this time, Haze had lost all expression on his face and the little sincerity I saw him in earlier had now vanished.

He grabbed Aaron by the collar and lifted him into the air with only his right hand. He then threw him against one of the lockers on the side.

Aaron groaned as he struggled to sit up.

"I can't watch this," Belly cried before running off.

Haze bent down and whispered something into Aaron's ear which caused his face to instantly turn pale.

Aaron started begging Haze to forgive him but it was too late.

Haze punched him across the face before he did it again and again until I lost count.

Blood ran out of Aaron's nose and mouth.

People ran to stop Haze but they got punched themselves in the process. After that no one dared to save Aaron.

He got up and started kicking Aaron in the chest before Aaron eventually passed out.

"Enough!" Mrs. Vincent shouted from a far but he continued. She repeated herself twice, but he wouldn't listen. It was like he was in a zone.

It took four teachers to pull him off Aaron.

"Haze De Luca, my office, NOWWW!" she angrily shouted before the teachers pulled him away.

Chase and I quickly ran to Aaron's unconscious body.

"Aaron, wake up!" I shouted as I tapped his face, but he wouldn't respond.

"Someone call an ambulance," Mrs. Vincent ordered before walking away.

Tears filled my eyes and a spine-chilling feeling came upon me as I remembered the recent events. Aaron's blood was scattered everywhere but at least he was still breathing.

"He's so stupid. What the hell was he thinking to go up against Haze!" Chase cursed.

I looked around and everyone had gone back to their scheduled program. No one cared that Aaron was on the ground bleeding out.

"Aaron!" Belly shouted before running towards us.

"I'm so sorry guys," she cried.

"It's not your fault," I confirmed as I hugged her.

"Aaron made his own decision," Chase said as he sat down next to us. "I think I know why he did it."

I raised my eyebrow.

"He's trying to get Haze expelled. Remember he had one more strike?" Chase laughed. "Aaron sacrificed himself to get rid of that jerk."

Belly also started to laugh.

"That's not funny," I said.

"Oh, come on Evie."

"Aaron sacrificed his health and he is bleeding out right next to us and you both are laughing? Haze's future might be ruined because Aaron provoked him into fighting and you both are laughing? How are any of these situations funny?"

"Eve, don't be such a loser," Chase said.

I got up and waited outside for the ambulance to arrive.

I couldn't stop thinking about Haze. My priority should be on Aaron but I couldn't help myself. The fact that Aaron purposely set up Haze just angered me. He knew Haze had a bad temper and was on his last strike.

The ambulance arrived and the paramedics took no time to come out and run into the school. I believe by now the school had already alerted Aaron's mom so she was probably on her way to the hospital.

Chase and Belly came out with the paramedics pulling Aaron on the stretcher.

When we reached the ambulance, the paramedic turned to us. "Only one person allowed."

"You go with him Evie," Belly said.

"Yeah, Belly and I will drive your car," Chase added.

I nodded my head before handing them my car keys and jumping into the ambulance.

I held his hand as we sped on the highway, overtaking every car in our path.

"Don't die, remember you still have to marry me," I whispered into his ears.

After we found out Chase cheated on me with Belly, he promised he would marry me if I didn't find my special someone.

Aaron and I were not that close compared to my relationships with the others in our group but he still mattered.

"You were very brave today."

I always kind of felt bad for him because apart from me, he was the most picked on. His mom didn't allow him to be in a relationship either, so his life was just sad.

The ambulance stopped and the doors opened.

"We're here," the paramedic informed.

They pulled him out and ran into the hospital.

"Your friend is going to be okay, he just has bruises," the other paramedic said. "You might want to tell whoever did this to him to consider joining the MMA. They have some serious talent."

With that said, the paramedic ran into the hospital.

I waited outside until Chase and Belly arrived and we all walked in together.

Aaron's mom came right behind us.

"Where is he? Where is my baby?" she shouted in her thick southern accent.

"We just got here Mrs. Taylor," Belly informed.

"Who did this to him? Who did this to my baby?"

We all stayed quiet.

She sighed, "I can't do this. I have to look for my baby?"

She walked off and started talking to a nurse.

"He is going to be alright," I told Chase and Belly.