18|My Secret

Eve's POV

He blinked as he watched me in shock.

I looked around and saw the passing cars.

"Uh, can I come in?"

"Wh-what? Oh yeah, come in," he stuttered as he opened the door and awkwardly cleared his throat.

"Haze."

He sighed, "if you came here to make me feel like shit, there is no need. My sister already did that for you."

"Haze-"

"I'm sorry about your friend and if you want to end whatever is happening between us, I understand. I'm a bad person Eve and you should stay away from me."

"Haze!" I shouted. "For once in your life, can you shut up for a second?"

He looked astonished that I said that to him. Nonetheless, he stayed quiet.

Finally.

"Are you okay?"

He didn't say anything, he just watched me.

"You can speak now."

He didn't move an inch.

I looked down and saw something rolled between his middle and index fingers. He must be high.

I pulled it from between his fingers before stomping the light out on the ground. "You really shouldn't smoke these. They are bad for your health. You can get lung cancer, throat cancer, heartburn, Crohn's disease-"

"What are you doing here, Eve?" he asked.

"You look terrible."

"You should see the other guy," he joked before stepping closer to me. "Now tell me why you are here."

I looked up at him. "I want to know if you're okay."

"You should be looking to see if your friend in the hospital is okay," he said with no emotion.

I walked closer to him. "Everyone's looking to see if he's okay but what about you? Who is looking to see if you're okay?"

"I'm the bad guy. No one cares if the villain is okay or not."

"I do."

He sighed before walking to the kitchen.

"Look, I didn't have to come here but I actually felt sad for you!" I shouted behind of him.

"You should be mad at me. I don't need your pity."

"You don't think I'm mad at you!?" I shouted. "Of course, I'm mad at you! You didn't hurt just one but two of my friends today!"

He raised his eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"

"Belly has been waiting all her life for this position and you just stole it from her. Could you be anymore selfish?"

"Eve, I didn't sign up for that. Mrs. Vincent put my name down and only told me once polls were open."

"You could've dropped out!"

"I was but I can't anymore."

I walked up to him. "She expelled you, didn't she?"

He smirked. "You can't get rid of me that easy."

A sense of relief filled me. This shouldn't be. I should be mad. Aaron sacrificed himself today just so Haze would get expelled. Why don't I feel mad?

"I can't do this anymore," I said backing away.