19|Giggles

Eve's POV

Two days later

"I am going to be okay guys!" Aaron reassured us as we stood around him in his bedroom.

"Are you sure? You don't look too good," Belly stated.

"B, I have a broken wrist and bruises all over my face, I don't expect to look good," Aaron joked.

"You're lucky that you're all beat up because I would've given you a second beating," Chase chimed in. "What the hell were you thinking going against Haze with no defense? That guy is insane!"

"It was for a good cause," Aaron said with a smile on his face. "Is Haze expelled now?"

I froze.

"Well, he didn't show up to school today," Belly explained.

"Or yesterday." Chase added.

"Are you pressing charges on him?" Belly asked. "I heard he had to go to juvie for a week last year because he beat up someone."

"Yeah, some idiot like Aaron started a fight with him. The guy ended up with a broken nose," Chase told us.

"Mom was thinking about doing so but I told her not to. I kind of started that fight so I'd feel guilty," Aaron answered.

"Yeah, but he didn't have to go all psycho on you," Chase complained.

"You shouldn't have risked yourself like that Aaron!" I said angrily. "You're lucky those teachers stopped him."

Aaron rolled his eyes. "You're being dramatic, Haze isn't as strong as you think he is."

"No Aaron, Eve is right," Chase supported. "I saw his eyes; he was out to kill you. Everyone knows not to touch Haze De Luca unless you want to be in a hospital."

"Your mom was worried sick!" I made sure to tell him. "It was stupid!"

"I did it for Belly and I would do it over and over again," he boasted.

Anger took over me and I stormed out his bedroom. I just couldn't look at him. I have no reason to be mad but I just am.

I took some deep breaths and counted to ten before I went back inside.

Belly handed me my phone. "Someone texted you, but it requires your password to see the notification."

I took it from her. "Thanks."

My heart dropped when I opened the message and quickly turned off my phone.

It was a picture of Haze shirtless saying 'come over'.

"Is everything alright?" Belly asked.

I shallowed my saliva and tried to digest what just happened and what could have happened. "Everything's- everything's great."

"If you say so," Belly said before returning her attention to Aaron.

Chase gave me a look but quickly dismissed it.

"When are you coming back to school?" Chase asked.

"Mom said maybe next week. You know how overprotective she is."

Chase sighed.

Aaron raised his eyebrow. "Do you have a problem?"

He shook his head. "No... but I do think you need to make some decisions on your own. You're eighteen, Aaron. You should be able to go to school whenever you want."

"Don't disrespect my mother."

"I'm not! I was just saying-"

"Chase," Belly said to calm him down. "We have a date to go on so we should go."

"Yeah, you're right. See you guys," he said drily before leaving. Belly followed him shortly after.

"So, I guess it's just me and you now. Aaron and Everon," he joked and I laughed awkwardly.

My mind ran out Haze's photo. He looked so hot. It looked like he was fresh out the shower because his hair was wet, and a towel was wrapped around his waist. The water droplets on his chest, highlighted his bulging muscles.

You're in front of Aaron, the guy who he beat the shit out of. Have some respect, Evelyn.

I shook my head from my corrupted thoughts. "Is there anything I can get you, A?"

"Now that we're alone, I want to talk about us."

"Us?"

"Chase and Belly are dating so what is going to happen for us?"

"A, we're friends. Let's not complicate things."

He nodded. "Cool, I totally understand. I was just giving it a shot."

I grabbed my stuff. "I should go."

"Yeah, bye."

I looked at him once more before leaving.

...

Haze grabbed my two arms and pulled me in the house. He started showering me with kisses all over my face.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

"For the first time in my life, I thought a girl ghosted me," he said out of breath. "I didn't care though."

"You can just admit that you missed me you know," I said as I started walking up the stairs to his room.

"Never!" he shouted as he ran past me.

I giggled, I actually giggled, before running behind him.

What the hell has gotten into me?

I pulled out some papers and threw on his bed.

He picked them up and fell back on his bed. "What are these?"

"Your assignments."

He placed his hand on his chest, where his heart was supposed to be. "Wow, Evelyn Parker actually thought about me."

"Shut up. I only got you them, so I know I won valedictorian fair and square. I don't want to know I beat you because of a few missing assignments."

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, Eve," he said as he skimmed through the papers. "Still going to beat you."

I rolled my eyes. He was so annoying. He was annoying to the point where it stressed me.

He opened his arms for me to fit between them but I turned away trying to appear as if I didn't want to.

Deep down inside, I urged for his embrace although it had only been a few days since I last saw him.

He stood up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He then slightly turned our bodies to the standing mirror which leaned against the wall.

His chin stood perfectly on the crown of my head and his captivating gaze stayed fixed on me.

"Imagine we were two completely different people. We went to a different school, had different names, and different friends. Do you think our story would've been different?" he asked.

My eyes moved from looking at his hand placement to his serious face.

We were two complete opposites. I can't name one thing we have in common. He hated everything that I liked, and I hated everything he liked.

"Yes, because we were not made for each other," I answered coldly.

It was a fact. In what world would some nerd and her bully be made for each other? We shouldn't even be standing in this position but for once in my life I want to have fun.

Haze may not be my destiny, but he is offering something to make me feel alive for once in my life. He doesn't make me feel awkward or sorry for myself when we are together.

I know this will end badly but I don't care.

I believe Haze feels the same way. He seems to be struggling with something and whatever it is, I seem to be a good distraction.

We're both helping each other in secret and that is all that matters.

His face lightened up a little bit. "You're right. We aren't meant for each other, so it doesn't matter."