𝐢. 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭, 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

____________________________

𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 2020

𝖩𝗂𝗇𝗇𝖺𝗆 𝖡𝗈𝗑𝗂𝗇𝗀

__________________________

Left, left, right.

A disheartened sigh left her lips when his glove brushed past her mitts, barely skimming her hand. Geon-woo cursed frustrated, backing away from her as she lowered her hands to her side.

"Let's take five, yeah" Seon-woo said, biting down on her velcro straps, her brother turned his back to her, his eyes shut and his arms resting on the ropes, his gloved hands lightly slapping his face in annoyance.

"No, I can go again. let me go again" he persisted. Seon-woo's shoulders slumped, her hand brushing her dampened hair that started sticking to her neck as she placed the mitts in the corner of the ring.

"Hey, it happens. Just take a breather and we go again" she said as handed him a water bottle. "I took the day off for you, we still got a few hours." she reassured, patting his bare shoulder lightly while he looked up at her.

"You always take off work the day before a tournament" he smiled gently as she grabbed a tire and placed it in the middle of the room. He leaned his chest and arms along the top rope, the gloves gone from his hands, leaving the wrapping in its place.

"Yeah, well you need this extra practise if you're going to win tomorrow" she said as she waved him over. " And you better win" her eyes narrowed, teasing, having full confidence that he would.

"I've got this" he said as stepped onto the tire, his stance shifting while she stood back, her hands on her hips before he swung.

"Uh-huh, spread your feet wider champ" she instructed, his pace quickening. Seon-woo grinned as his punches began to flow, his stance unwavering and his legs pumping. It was as if he had gone into a trance, his body working like a well-oiled machine. His arms moved faster, his feet did too, and his eyes didn't leave hers.

"Good" she said once she glanced down at her watch "let's work on your hooks for a bit and call it a day" she gave him a small smile, handing him his gloves before making their way to the punching bag at the corner of the room.

"Remember to focus, we don't want a repeat of earlier. " She said sternly as he nodded. His shoulders raised and lowered, shuffling in his pace, he raised his arms. Seon-woo moved to the side, her hands holding the bag in place before giving him a stiff nod. His expression changed and then he swung, hard.