BIRTHDAY PLANS

chapter 9

     "Lucy I'm home!" Lorelei yelled as she walked into the house from work, here arms were raised and her voice was high pitched

"Lucy I'm home!" Lorelei yelled as she walked into the house from work, here arms were raised and her voice was high pitched. Victoria was sitting on the counter making beef patties near the stove.

        "We're in the kitchen!" Rory said as she held the phone to her ear.

          "And Justin is just soo dreamy! He can't marry Britney—" Lorelei started but had been cut off.

          "It's Britney bitch." Victoria said as she started to dance around the kitchen.

           "I'll just cry, and, cry, and cry!" Lorelei continued as she made the high pitched voice again before she walked over to the stove and moved around the meat patties.

        "Mom don't move those, their mine! I want to put them in a wrap." Victoria said as she moved her mom over, making the younger girl burn her finger slightly on the fire.

       "Okay, thanks. Pizzas on its way." Rory said as Victoria snatched the phone from her younger sister.

      "You such a good provider." Lorelei said to her youngest daughter.

       "Don't use up all the phone time. I still have to talk to my 'boyfriend'." Victoria said, as she purposely said boyfriend instead of Finacée, as her mom would flip out.

      "When can we meet this mystery man?" Lorelei said as Victoria sighed dramatically.

      "You already have." Victoria said with a sigh and a dramatic pause. "He's my teacher, Mr Kalangua!" Victoria said making up a last name on the spot.

     "Um... anyways. Hi." Rory told her mom.

      "Hi." Lorelei said with a smile before giving Rory a kiss, a large knife in her hands.

      "Hi." Victoria said but none replayed. "Damn okay." Victoria thought to herself before taking the meat off the pan and onto the cutting board, where she took the knife and started cutting the meat into small bits where it could fit in a wrap. Then she seasoned it with cayenne pepper, salt, and chili flakes, which were almost out.

      "I'm going to start my homework, call me when the pizza guy gets here." Rory told the girls in the kitchen as Lorelei sat down at the dinning room table.

      "Victoria have you done your homework yet?" Lorelei asked as Victoria rolled her eyes slightly and punched in Tristan's number on the phone.

       "Yeah, on Friday's right after school I got to grandma's house to do it and get changed for dinner so I'm not in a rush. And so there's hot water. RORY TOU SHOULD TAKE QUICKER SHOWERS!" Victoria yelled at her sister who just grunted in acknowledgment.

       The call is being intercepted. Decline or approve? An automated voice said. Press one to decline and five to approve. The voice said to Victoria, who had been talking to Tristan.