BOOKS AND APOLOGIES

chapter 17

     A nurse came into the room, confused

     A nurse came into the room, confused. "Mrs. Gilmore, Miss Victoria Gilmore and Miss Lorelei Leah Gilmore, Mr. Gilmore is ready for you know." The nurse said as Victoria quickly hugged Emmelie and kissed Tristan on the cheek before running off after her grandmother. Victoria entered the room after Emily, but she entered with her sister, Rory.

      "Hi grandpa." Victoria said as she sat next to Richard's hospital bed. Emily had just left the room after making sure her husband is okay. Rory sat next to Victoria, pulling out a book to read to him. "Lorelei," Victoria said making Rory flinch, "can you go outside, I need to speak to grandpa for a sec'." Victoria said as Rory walked outside to wait with her mom and Luke, the books still in her hand.

     "What is it, Victoria?"  Richard asked as Emily stood in the doorway, not that the two of them noticed.

     "I'm going to get married..." Victoria started and Richard snickered. "What?" Victoria asked with a faux scowl.

     "I know, did you really think you could keep that from me? Your grandmother is horrible at keeping secrets." Richard said with a wink as Emily quickly sighed out of embarrassment from being them.

      "Oh, okay. So, I want it to be next week, on Wednesday, to Tristan." Victoria said as Richard nodded. "I just wanted to let you know so that you'll make it." Victoria said as Richard nodded and laughed before hugging lightly.

      "I'll always be there for you, Victoria." Richard said to Victoria as the latter started to weep. "It'll be okay, I'll be okay." Richard said as he let hot of her and wiped your tears away. "Now I'm sure Tristan brought hot chocolate with him, go. Rory will be with me." Richard said as Victoria nodded and left the room.

    "Grandma," Victoria said as Rory and Lorelei went into Richard's room. Luke awkwardly sitting in a seat not to far from them. "I was wondering, if you would walk me down the aisle." Victoria mutter as Emily's eyes winded before she smiled and hugged her granddaughter close to her.

    "Of course Victoria!" Emily said as Tristan walked over to the girls with a cup of hot chocolate for his beloved.

☕️

    Victoria sat next to Tristan, who had fallen asleep on her shoulder. Victoria was reading her book, Robin Hood, when Lorelei came up to her. Victoria used all of her might not to scoff. "Um," Lorelei said as Victoria raised an eyebrow. "I wanted to apologize." Lorelei said as Victoria scoffed.

     "Oh, so now you want to apologize?" Victoria a said as she looked back at her book before turning the page.

       "I want to say sorry, for what I had said. I realized that you are a good kid, Victoria." Lorelei said as Victoria shut her book aggressively, accidentally waking up Tristan.

        "So you're apologizing?" Victoria asked as she made sure that Tristan was okay sitting up on his own. Victoria stood up and shoved the book into Tristan's grip before she walked up to Lorelei.

     "Yes, I'm sorry for what I said." Lorelei said as Victoria rolled her eyes before slumping out her perfect posture.

     "Okay," Victoria started as she looked around to make sure Luke wasn't near by (he wasn't, he had gone to the restroom), "I... I... can't forgive you." Victoria said with tears in her eyes. Victoria watched as her biological mother's eyes filled with rage.

      "Tori, I said 'I'm sorry'. What else do you need?" Lorelei asked as Victoria looked at the floor, it had little faux marble detailing.

📸

June 17th, 1990

     "Oh Tori!" Lorelei said running over to her six year old bleeding daughter. Victoria had been accidentally stabbed with a blunt pole, one of the kids had been swinging it around and accidentally plunged it into her side. "I'm so sorry." Lorelei cried as Rory was off playing with Lane and her friend Lindsay.

      "Momma, am I going to, die?" Victoria asked as Lorelei's eyes filled with tears as she squeezed her daughter closer, making the pain increasingly worse.

📸

     "It might take some time, but, I'll forgive you eventually." Victoria said as she lifted up her shirt to see the side of her body, a small scar where she had been implied. "You didn't take to a hospital that day..." Victoria said as she looked at Lorelei. "You asked Miss Mia if she could take out the pole and stitch up the wound, so you wouldn't have to pay for emergency room fees." Victoria said as she looked at Lorelei.

     "We trusted Mia." Lorelei said as she looked at Victoria.

      "Mia wasn't a medical professional; she still isn't one." Victoria told Lorelei who now had tears in her eyes.

      "I didn't have enough money to make sure you and Rory had routine check-ups, I had to make sure you were both healthy." Lorelei said as Victoria looked at Lorelei.

      "Why did you run away then?" Victoria asked as Emily walked near the two.

     "I couldn't stay in that house, with my mother. I felt like a pawn, I wanted to be the player." Lorelei said.

     "Okay." Victoria said looking at her feet. "Then why didn't you drive me to school on Mr frost day of high school? I was twelve." Victoria said as Lorelei sighed.

      "I will admit, I was with Rory. I prioritized her over you because I wanted one of you to succeed, and I could only be financially stable if I prioritized one of you."

     "So Rory is more important?"

     "No, never. I think you are both equally important."

      "Why did I pay your bills then, at six?"

      "Because you were better than I was at it. I'm sorry, Victoria. I always believed in you. I'm sorry I wasn't a better mother."

      "I'm graduation in April, did you know that?"

       "No, I didn't. Do you want me to be there?"

      "You can."

      "I'll be there."

       "Lorelei."

       "Yes, Victoria." Lorelei said as she smiled at Victoria, who slowly went over to her mother.

       "I love you." Victoria said quietly and she was brought into a hug, but Lorelei knew what Victoria truly meant was 'I forgive you'.

" Victoria said quietly and she was brought into a hug, but Lorelei knew what Victoria truly meant was 'I forgive you'

- hi guys!
Sorry this is a
shorter chapter.
I just want to let you
know Victoria doesn't
fully forgive
Lorelei, but they're
working on it! It also
Came to my attention
That you don't have to
have a parent signature
to get married in Connecticut.
Also, HP:PoA wasn't
Realized until 1999. 😃