Chapter 5

Anu's Pov:

I can't believe he's getting married, I leaned against the pillar as I smiled at the couple. They look so beautiful after a long wait he's finally marrying her. I averted my eyes from the couple for a moment as I looked at the flowers and the decorations once again to see if it's all arranged properly.

It's a theme wedding.

Apparently my bestfriend wants to have a beach theme wedding so we arranged the revenue according to his liking. I actually love this. The beauty of this place comes with the beautiful scenery filled with white and purple flowers, the sounds of nature, the sounds of the music, the sea breeze it all made it look like heaven.

And yes more importantly joyful atmosphere which are filled with joyful people.

Looking at all the smiling people it made me think indeed genuine people exists.

It somehow calms my heart looking at all the happy faces.

"Mama, can I eat this?" I looked down to see my son tugging my dress as he asked me whether he can have some sweet.

Who can say no to this adorable young man? But then it's not good for his health.

I crunched down as I took him on my arms careful enough to not to drop the plate which are filled with sweets. He's so light weight for his age. I ate healthy foods when I was carrying him but still he looks weak and younger than most the kids at his age. His immunity level is so low and it made him look like 3-4 years boy when he was almost 5 and half years old.

"Mama, leave me" he whined while looking at me with a frown on his face.

I sighed looking at the plate in his hand. He filled the plates with all kinds of sweets, more than he could eat, "Arjun, you know you can't have all these. You will end up wasting everything"

He tried to wriggle against my hold in anger when I said no, by doing so it made me loosen the grip on the plate, "Arjun" I yelled over the music before it could fell down completely someone took hold of the plate and captured most of the sweets from falling down.

I took a deep breathe and let him down to scold him but before I could do that he ran away gulping down one whole sweet from the plate. I took a step towards running after him when I heard a voice which I was once so familiar with making me paralyzed in my place.

"Anu, is that your kid?" my heart raced its peek as I slowly turned around to look at the source of the voice. My breathe hitched when I looked at her. I blinked my eyes not wanting to believe what I'm seeing in front of me or who I'm seeing in front of me after a long time.

What is she doing here?

She looks the same even after years have passed she looked the same, but the question is why is she here? What she's doing here? We only invited close relatives and friends.

My eyebrows furrowed with distress, I never thought I'll meet her again. I could see her lips moving in a slow motion as she was asking something to me but I wasn't able to grasp anything.

My mind was running wild with the thoughts of him and the possibilities of him finding about me.

And.... and about Arjun.

No... no.... I won't let him find us.

That particular thought is enough to traumatize my whole form. What will he do? It's been years maybe he forgot about me and moved on, or maybe he got married, or maybe I don't even know what to think about that but maybe he's still out that looking for me.

He's psychopath.

A sudden jolt passed through me when I sense someone's hand on my shoulder making me come back to my senses. I jerked her hand away harshly only to meet with few confusion yet curious filled faces looking at me weirdly making me look down.