The Kiss

When Jenna heard her name, she froze for a moment. She did not want to have anything to do with Rex, but this situation was out of her control, and she felt everyone's eyes on her.

The awkward relationship between them after their divorce added to the mystery of this coincidental cooperation.

Rex also did not expect this. Without a doubt, this was Jeffrey's doing.

Jenna was still in a pickle when Rex walked to her. He exuded a calm aura as he bent slightly and reached out, inviting Jenna to the dance floor. Everyone's eyes were focused on the pair.

There was no way Jenna could reject Rex's invitation because she did not want to leave a negative impact at the beginning of their three-way cooperation.

Gino gave his baby sister a heartfelt look. Jenna smiled faintly, then stretched out her hand to take Rex's.

The people in front of them consciously made way for the pair. Jenna carried her dress with her other hand and walked forward without looking at Rex.

Rex's palm was slightly cold. At that moment, he suddenly realized that they had never held a wedding ceremony in their two years of marriage, and he had never taken the initiative to hold her hand. This was the first time they held hands.

Jenna's fingers were long and beautiful, like a work of art. Her hand was warm and delicate, and he immediately etched this feeling in his heart. The band began the next song at the right time. The refreshing and cheerful music echoed in the banquet hall. Their eyes met momentarily when Jenna's hand landed on Rex's shoulder. Rex's dark and deep gaze was affixed to her face. Jenna's body stiffened momentarily when his hand rested on her slim waist as she felt very uncomfortable. The two of them had never been this close in their two years of marriage. Being here like this after the divorce was also really unexpected. Jenna merely took a few seconds to regain her composure. She then put a fake and indifferent smile on her face.

Their good footwork, confident posture, and kind humility completely captured 'the audience's eyes while the music from the center of the stage drowned out their conversation. "Can't dance, huh?" The man's deep and clear voice was very seductive. Jenna raised an eyebrow. "Depends on the person."

She was straightforward and unforgiving. Rex's eyes sank imperceptibly. The two of them moved back and forth. The music took a steep turn, and the rhythm gradually quickened. The man tightened his grip on her hand and her slender waist.

"Why didn't I know that you know how to do business? Is Anderson Empire's idea to cooperate with Jeffrey Jinn, or is it yours?"

Jenna did a graceful turn, and to him, Jenna was just a passing character in the past two years, but this was an unforgettable lesson for Jenna.

The light shone on the pair. Rex was as handsome as usual. His tall upright build made every woman marvel at him. Jenna's dress swayed with every step she took. Her graceful posture and her striking features stunned the crowd. If time froze at this moment, one could see the people in the hall gasp collectively.

All eyes were on these two people. Their movements clearly matched tacitly, but the pair had no intention of interacting.

To be precise, Jenna had no intention of dealing with Rex. She only wished for this song to finish quickly because being close to Rex made her uncomfortable.

Rex's gaze felt like thorns on her face as he came together again. "There's a lot you're unaware of, and I don't have to tell you anything." The corners of her lip curled up gently with a hint of mockery.

In their two years of marriage, he never thought to understand her as his wife, so what was the point of telling him anything after their divorce?

He quietly inspected her. The music took a turn into the final section. Rex leaned his body forward while Jenna stepped back and lifted her head to end the dance. Her long and slender neck curved delicately when the song was about to end, Jenna subconsciously straightened her back, but she did not expect Rex not to take a step back.

Their lips unexpectedly touched. One was soft and delicate, and the other was cold and thin. The last note dragged on before it stopped abruptly as if it reflected the freezing of time at this moment.