𝘈𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘺 𝘝𝘰𝘭𝘱𝘦 | 𝘉𝘰𝘺(𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥)'𝘴 𝘑𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘺

Desc: Just an Imagine about wearing someone else's jersey and Volpe offers up his.

------

I smiled at everyone I passed by as I walked down the hall of the stadium to the clubhouse. 

I walked next to my cousin, Elizabeth Torres. We were going down to visit my cousin-in-law, Gleyber Torres. I held their baby in my hands as Elizabeth had her hands full.

I was only a few years younger than Elizabeth but we never had any other girl cousins so we've stuck together since I was six and she was ten. I wore a regular jersey with the number 25 on the back and Elizabeth wore her 25, Gleyber Torres, wife shirt. I thought it was cute. 

We finally made it to the clubhouse after what felt like forever of walking around the stadium. We waited outside the door of the clubhouse before Gleyber finally emerged from the doorway. I smiled as he pulled in Elizabeth for a hug and a kiss. 

When he looked towards me, he smiled pulling me in a side hug. I accepted, speaking while I pulled away and handing him baby Ethan in my arms. 

"¿Como esta, primo?" (How are you, cousin?) I flashed a slight smile.

"I'm good, we're just getting ready for the game. We should be out to stretch in 30 minutes or so."

"Okay, can you let Volpe know I'm here. I haven't told him yet."

"Yeah, no preocupes, I'll let him know." He said, with a small smirk on his face and raised eyebrows.

We continued speaking for a while before we said our goodbyes and Gleyber walked back into the clubhouse. Liz and I made our way back to our seats before she broke the comfortable silence while I messed with Ethan. Tickling him a bit.

"So, you and Volpe huh?" She giggled obnoxiously. 

I only smiled and blushed. I couldn't deny that I had somewhat feelings for Anthony but he was too busy being a shortstop on a major league team. The only reason I met him was because he went out to a bar with me, Gleyber and some other teammates. 

Liz wanted to stay home and Gleyber wanted to have 'sister-brother bonding time'. I always looked at Gleyber as a big brother since him and Liz got together. As I saw Liz as an older sister. 

When Anthony and I met I was sort of drawn to him. Something about him I guess. He was super nice and we exchanged instagrams that night. From there we exchanged snapchats, then numbers.

"No, we're strictly just friends. Plus he is on a baseball team. MAJOR LEAGUE. It would never work." I said, slightly feeling my heart sink in my own words. I can't deny i wouldn't give it a shot if he wanted to though.

------

We sat behind the Yankees dugout, watching them stretch in the outfield. I kept my eye on Volpe, noticing him constantly looking around before his eyes finally found me. We locked eyes before he flashed me a smile and ran towards me. 

I walked towards the stairs in our row and skidded down them to the concrete rail next to the dugout and against the fouling-net. He made his way to me, still smiling.

"Hey Goof." He laughed. I only smiled and replied, "Hey idiot, that was rude. Just for that I hope you strikeout each inning."

"Yeah right, no you don't. Who's jersey is that?"

"Number 25, GT, duh." I replied, acting annoyed, picking at my fingers.

He only nodded and looked down with a sigh. "You should wear mine instead." My heart felt like it would pound right out of my chest, but I kept my cool. "I don't know. This one is really authentic, It's signed and everything." I said dramatically, turning around and showing him the signature.

"Yeah sure, but I could get you one of mine. I would even take the time to sign it, just for you." He smirked and winked. I only giggled. "How flattering but you don't have to." 

"You're right, I don't have to but I'd really appreciate you, the one and only to wear my jersey. I'm getting you one, I should have an extra in the clubhouse, maybe a few sizes too big but you can make it work. You always do."

"Right. I'll be expecting it sometime soon. But don't you have a pre-game stretching to get back to?" I questioned him. "Yeah, I do. I guess I'll get back to it but meet me after the game. At the clubhouse." 

Before I could reply, he ran off. I was screaming definitely internally but I was. I smiled at our conversation, walking back to my seat with Ethan sitting next to me.

------

After the game I started heading back to the clubhouse. Liz followed as she was gonna wait for Gleyber. I swear, every guy walked out except for Volpe. Player after player and yet never Volpe. Gleyber went back into the clubhouse and he told me it was only Anthony in there.

I handed Ethan to Gleyber before walking into the clubhouse. "Anthony?" "Hey, sorry I'm taking so long I was talking to some batting coaches. I came in after everyone else." 

I only nodded, noticing he was in some grey sweatpants, a wife beater and his regular slides and socks combo after every game. I looked back up at him, 

"Yeah, no, It's totally fine it's just that Ethan is getting irritated and they want to get him home as fast as possible."

"I meant what I said earlier. You should take that off." He spoke softly, just loud enough for me to hear. He gestured down to my jersey.

I complied, slowly unbuttoning it, just to reveal my undershirt. He reached into the small cabinet of his closet cubby thing. He pulled out a fresh folded up jersey, the number 11 very visible on the back.

He kissed it, "For good luck." I giggled as he handed it to me. I looked down at it and held it up to my face and pressed my lips against the same spot he pressed his lips.

"The things I would do to be that jersey." I raised my head, as well as my eyebrow. I looked at him, with his arms folded and shaking his head softly. I only stood there, flabbergasted.

"Here, let me put it on you." He reached for the jersey in my hands, completely disregarding what he, himself just said. He helped me put on the jersey, I couldn't help but notice that his hair was incredibly wet, which only attracted me to him more.

I stood there, probably looking like an idiot but yet I just stood there, hands at my sides. He brought his hands to the bottom of my jersey and slowly buttoned each button. As he did so, I admired each and every one of his features.

I placed my hands on his forearms, his hands still on what is now my jersey. I raised one hand to the back of his neck, bringing him down and slowly reaching up to connect our lips.

He slowly pulled away before speaking, "Never take off my jersey, I want you to be with me. Forever, just keep it on. Let it be known that you belong with me." I only nodded before pulling him back in. I pulled away for another second, "I'm yours".

------

SOPHIA SPEAKS!!!

Hey Im watching the game fight now, ANyways LOVEEE YOOUUUU