A Father and Daughter Reunion/A Discovery

Narrator's POV

Back to Ratigan's lair, where Hiram is working on the robot. He tenses as Ratigan enters the workroom. "Ah, Mr. Flaversham" Ratigan says as he chuckles and Hiram eyes Ratigan warily as he holds his cape dramatically and says "Allow me to present...your charming daughter!" and moves his cape to reveal Olivia in Fidget's grasp. "Olivia!" Hiram shouted in worry and shock in his eyes.

"Daddy!" Olivia exclaimed, but Fidget keeps a tight hold on her and then Olivia stomps on his foot and runs to her father as Fidget hops up and down in pain as he exclaimed "Owww! My foot, my only foot!" and Olivia hugs her lost father and says as she cries "Oh Daddy! I thought I'd never find you!" and Hiram comforts her as he said "Oh, there, there, there, there, my bairn. I'm alright. Oh, I was so worried about my little girl" and then he whispered in her ear "But, where's Audrey?" and she whispered back "She's okay. She'll save us".

"Oh, how sweet. Oh, I just love tearful reunions" Ratigan says as he pretends to wipe his eyes with his handkerchief, crying and comes over to the Flavershams and says "Now, come along, my dear" and then pulls Olivia away from Hiram as she pleaded "Oh, please! Please!" as she reaches out towards her Father as Fidget takes her away.

"Olivia/Daddy!" the two Flavershams called out to each other as Hiram was being restrained by Ratigan and tried to plead the nefarious rat as he said "Oh please, professor!" and then Ratigan says "Now, now, Fidget will take good care of her" before threateningly adds "That is, as long as we have no further delays!" and Hiram fearfully returns to work on the robot as he said "Yes, yes, I-I'll finish it. Oh, just don't hurt my daughter" and then Ratigan says "Remember, it must be ready... Tonight!" before slamming the door and Fidget brought Olivia towards a green glass bottle lying on its side and started putting her inside. "Stop! Let me go! You ugly old thing!" Olivia said as she struggled to get out unstuck and then Fidget fully pushed her inside and put the cork in the bottle as he said "That ought to hold ya!" and Olivia starts yelling out "Help! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!!!".

"See how you like that!" Fidget said and blows a raspberry at her, then strides away towards Ratigan, who is looking through the bag. "Ah, the uniforms. Oh Fidget, I knew I could rely on you. Now, you didn't forget anything?" Ratigan asked and Fidget cackles and says "No problem. I took care of everything. Everything on the list" and then opens his wing to display the list, but unfortunately he realizes it's missing and frantically searches for it as he said "Uh-oh..." and this made Ratigan's grin fall, seeing something was wrong as he asked "What's wrong?" and Fidget continues patting himself down in panic as he starts to say "The list...I know..." and Ratigan asks "Where's the list?" as he became angrier by the second. "The list, yeah, yeah, yeah. Well you see, uh, it was like this. I was in the toy store getting uniforms when I heard 'A-roo A-roo'" Fidget imitates a dog as he was explaining and Ratigan, who was puzzled and impatient rubs his forehead and grumbles "You're not coming through" and Fidget finished explaining as he says "A dog came. I ran. I had baby bonnet, girl in bag and Basil chased me".

Hearing this last piece of information, Ratigan snaps as he said "What? Basil on the case?! Why you gibbering little..." and Fidget cowers in fear as Ratigan fights the urge to strangle him. "W-Wait! I-I have some information that might be u-useful, against B-Basil!" Fidget suddenly said and Ratigan quickly calms down and then looks at Fidget with a glare as he growled "Well, what is it then? Spit it out" and Fidget quickly says in a panic "T-There, there was this mouse. A beautiful mouse and, uh, s-she seems to be important to Basil. Even the F-Flavershams too!" and this made Ratigan pause and looks down at the bat and asked "Who is this mouse? I've never seen her nor have I heard of her before?" and then Fidget says nervously "I-I'm not sure, but from w-what I've seen she's a fighter. S-She and Basil seem to be, uhm, courting... A-And she even called the little girl her n-niece" as he hoped this information would be useful to Ratigan.

"Courting, you say...? Hmph, I didn't think Basil was the romantic type" Ratigan then thinks for a moment before grinning, a malicious idea was sparking in his mind. "Yes... Yes. Oh, I just thought of the most wicked idea" Ratigan said with a chuckle before picking up Fidget up by his cheeks.

"Fidget, you delightful little maniac" Ratigan said as he shakes the bat and says "You've presented me with a singular opportunity" before dropping Fidget. "Poor Basil! Oh, he is in for a little surprise" Ratigan grins maliciously with a deep chuckle.