The End

Narrator's POV

Back at Basil's flat, the place where Ratigan's picture used to be is replaced by a newspaper clipping with a picture of Basil, Dawson and Audrey bowing before the Queen, apparently being knighted for their bravery. The headline reads: "Queen Honours Detective", along with the subheadlines "Queen Praises Detective Basil, Medal to be Given", and "Time Runs Out for Ratigan", confirming that Ratigan did not survive the plunge. "To be thanked by the Queen herself! Oh, how very thrilling, eh, Basil?" Dawson asked in awe while Basil places Ratigan's bell on the mantle as a memory of this case and says "All in a day's work, Doctor".

"Oh Dr. Dawson, you were wonderful!" Olivia praised, making Dawson chuckle bashfully while Audrey smiled. "Indeed" Flaversham says as he looks at his pocketwatch and notices the time. "Oh my, we're late to catch our train. Come along, Olivia" he said. "Yes, Father" Olivia replied and then Flaversham looks over at Audrey and asked "Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" and Audrey looks at him for a moment before looking over at Basil and said "I'm sure Hiram. Beside I think I belong here" and Basil smiles at Audrey, who smiled back before looking at Flaversham as he went over and hugged her. "Hiram. Oh please, don't cry. I promise, I'll come and visit. After all you and Olivia are my family" Audrey says as she heard Hiram sniffles a little and then Olivia comes over and hugs Audrey and says "I'll miss you Auntie Audrey".

"I miss you too, Olivia, sweetie" Audrey says as she hugs her niece close to her before suddenly remembering something. "Oh before I forget!" Audrey pulls out something from her pocket as it revealed to be her present for Olivia. "I was supposed to give you this before things were a little hectic... Happy birthday Olivia" Audrey says as she holds her present and Olivia takes it, opens the box and gasps as it is revealed to be a golden heart-shaped locket with a tiny silver star in the middle.

 Happy birthday Olivia" Audrey says as she holds her present and Olivia takes it, opens the box and gasps as it is revealed to be a golden heart-shaped locket with a tiny silver star in the middle

"Oh, Auntie Audrey. It's beautiful and there's a star!" Olivia says in awe and this made Audrey smile before replying "You're right, but that's not just any star. It's the second star..." and then she and Olivia both said in unison "To the right!" and the two giggled before Audrey says "That's not all. Look inside".

Olivia looked confused before realizing that the necklace was a locket and opens it as she sees two pictures on each side. The left side shows a picture of Audrey holding Olivia as a baby and the right side shows a picture of Audrey, Hiram and...

"Is that... My Mother?" Olivia asks as she stares at the female mouse, who was Olivia's Mother as she was sitting between her and Audrey smiled softly at her and says "I had this done on your 100th day, Olivia" and Hiram saw the locket and began to tear up a little as he smiled fondly while Basil and Dawson were watching as they smiled. Olivia begins to tear up before launching herself and hugs Audrey tightly before whispering "This is the best present ever.." and Audrey also tears up a little and hugs Olivia back with love and fondness.

It was a very bittersweet moment before Olivia gets up and embraces the mouse who saved her life as well as her father. "Goodbye, Basil. I-I'll never forget you" Olivia says and Basil leans down and puts his hands on her shoulders and smiles as he says "Nor I you, Miss… Miss Flangerhanger" and Olivia stares at him for a moment before she shakes her head with a smile on her face, making Audrey chuckle. Dawson also chuckles and says "Whatever" and Olivia looks at him and says "Goodbye, Dr. Dawson" and Dawson replied back "Goodbye, my dear" and then Flaversham approached Basil and gave him a stern look and said to him "Now, you better take good care of my sister".

Basil chuckled and says "Sir, your sister is in good hands. I'll keep her safe and happy" and walks over to Audrey and takes her hand in his, intertwining their fingers together. Audrey smiles at him before gently kissing him on the lips. Flaversham chuckles and says "Good" and looks at Audrey and pulls her into another hug with Olivia running up towards them and joins in the hug as well. After a few moments of this tender, loving, family moment, they broke apart as Flaversham and Olivia headed out the door as Audrey watches and then Olivia turned around and whispers "Goodbye" and shuts the door.

"Well, um… Not a bad little girl, actually" Basil said as he sniffled, making Audrey giggle quietly and wrapped her arms around Basil's arm. Dawson puts on his hat as he looked like he was ready to leave as he says "Not at all. Well, it's time I was on my way too".

"But, um…but I thought…" Basil starts to say looking at Dawson confused. "Well, the case is over. Mmm… Perhaps it's…well, perhaps it's best I found my own living quarters" Dawson says as he does his jacket. "But…but, Doctor...." Audrey starts to say as well until a knock at the door interrupts them. "Oh, now who can that be?" Basil asked and Dawson opens the door and a beautiful tall young lady mouse is standing outside, clearly in search of help. "I-Is this the home of the famous Basil of Baker Street?" She asked hesitatingly. "Indeed it is, Miss" Dawson says as he takes off his hat and welcomes her before saying with a concerned look on his face "You look as if you're in some trouble".

The Lady Mouse commences crying and wipes at her eyes with her dainty handkerchief as she says "Oh, I am! I am!" and then Dawson says to her "Then, you've come to precisely the right place" and Basil seizes the moment to reveal what he was trying to say earlier and puts his arm around Dawson as he says "Ah, allow me to introduce my trusted associate, Dr. Dawson, and my lovely lady Miss Audrey, with whom I do all my cases. Isn't that right, you two?". Dawson seems surprised at first, but then understands what Basil is asking him as he replied "What? What? Oh, yes. Yes! By all means" and they shake hands.

"Of course, my love" Audrey says with a smile while hugging his arm and in return; Basil kissed her on her temple before getting straight to business as he says "As you can see, Dawson and Audrey, this young lady has just arrived from the Hampstead district and is troubled about the disappearance of an emerald ring missing from the third finger of her right hand. Now, tell me your story and, pray, be precise" and meanwhile outside Basil's window, Toby has an ear lifted, nodding along with Basil's conclusion.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From that time on, Basil, Dawson and I were a close team. And over the years, we had many cases together. Eventually Basil and I happily got married, settled down and both had three children together; one son and two daughters named Oliver, Alessia and Cora. There are many joy filled moments in our future, but I shall always look back on that first with the most fondness; my introduction to the love of my life Basil of Baker Street…the Great Mouse Detective.

The End