Five Ways To Die

Narrator's POV

"Get Your Hands Off Me!!" Audrey yelled as she tried to break free from the big, buff thug but it was no use as he was dragging her and kept a tight grip on her. Audrey then sees Olivia, who was crying making her gasp before one of them pulls the cork off from the bottle while the other shoves Audrey inside. "That will hold ya two!" one of the thugs said as the two men walked away.

"Olivia!" Audrey says as she immediately ran to the young girl and pulled her into a protective and comfort hug. "Auntie Audrey!" Olivia sobs in her aunt's arms as she started to shake. "Oh Olivia, I was so worried about you! Are you hurt anywhere?!" Audrey asked in concern and worry.

"N-No. But I'm so scared! This has to be the worst birthday ever!" Olivia exclaims before sobbing even more and this broke Audrey's heart to see her niece like this. 'No child should ever have to go through this' Audrey thought to herself as she hugged her niece even tighter, trying to comfort her. "Don't worry Olivia, it'll be okay. We'll find a way out of-" Audrey started to say until she and Olivia both saw Ratigan and his henchmen bring Dawson and Basil, tying them up in a mouse trap.

"Basil..." Audrey whispered hopelessly as four of Ratigan's men began to secure the mouse tap, so Dawson and Basil won't attempt to leave. Audrey couldn't help, but watched in fear and despair as this scene was unfold. "You don't know what a delightful dilemma it was trying to decide on the most appropriate method for your demise" Ratigan says as Fidget nervously sets the switch and scampers away. Dawson flinches as the bone-breaking metal vibrates slightly while Basil is looking catatonic and is simply staring off into space. "Oh, I had so many ingenious ideas I didn't know which to choose. So, I decided…to use them all" Ratigan says enthusiastically and gives a grand gesture to reveal a gun, a crossbow, an axe, and an anvil, all of which are aimed directly at the mousetrap.

"Marvelous, isn't it? Oh ho… But here, let me show you how it works. Picture this" Fidget curtsies to the record player as Ratigan explains his dastardly death trap. "First, a sprightly tune I've recorded especially for you. As the song plays the cord tightens, and when the song ends…" the cord is moving upward, tied to a cork which is supporting a wine glass with a metal ball inside. "The metal ball is released" a slide constructed of wood and pipes is aimed directly at the mousetrap trigger release. "Rolling along its merry way until…" as Ratigan speaks, he gestures to each individual weapon, starting with the mousetrap. "Snap! Boom! Twang! Thunk!" and there was dramatic pause until... "Splat!" and this made Dawson wince as Ratigan removes his hat in a form of salute while saying "And so ends the short, undistinguished career of Basil of Baker Street".

"NO! You Can't Do This! You'll Never Get Away With This Ratigan!!" Audrey yelled through the glass, it was muffled, but loud enough for Ratigan to hear as he rolled his eyes and snarled at her.

"You're…despicable!" Dawson growled and Ratigan just chuckled and said "Yes" as Fidget, who's now dressed in a British guard uniform, ran over to him and Ratigan asked "Everything's ready, Fidget?".

"All set, boss" Fidget said and then Ratigan tiptoed towards a large white box with a pink ribbon in excitement, takes peeks inside and he chuckles wickedly as he said "Oh, this is wicked! So delightfully wicked" and two thugs, who are dressed in british guard uniforms as well, move the package as Ratigan walks over to Hiram, who is bound by ropes, standing by the girls' bottle as he says "Mr. Flaversham, let me congratulate you on a superb piece of craftsmanship" and knocks at the glass before adding "See what you can do with the proper motivation?" and then he cackles and pinches Hiram's cheek as more of his thugs, all dressed in the uniforms climb onto Felicia's back.

"You all know the plan" Ratigan says and the thugs saluted at him while saying in unison "Right, Professor" and then Felicia starts walking off while Ratigan says "It was my fond hope to stay and witness your final scene, but you were fifteen minutes late. And I do have an important engagement at Buckingham Palace" and Dawson eyes him in confusion. "Now, you will remember to smile for the camera, won't you? Hmm? Say cheese!" Ratigan says while gesturing the camera as it is set up, ready to shoot before he giggles.

"You fiend!" Audrey shouted through the glass.

"Sorry Juliet. You should've chosen your Romeo more carefully" Ratigan teased as he walked to the record player to start playing the song "🎵Goodbye so soon, and isn't this a crime. We know by now that time knows how to fly🎵" and Fidget is operating a dirigible, and flies towards Ratigan as the mysterious package is attached by a rope. A ladder is lowered and Ratigan climbs on, waving as he says "Adieu, auf wiedersehen, arrivederci, farewell!".

"🎵So here's goodbye, so soon…🎵"

Ratigan chuckles and says "Bye bye, Basil" and in the dirigible, Ratigan steers it in and up through the furnace and into the night.

"🎵You'll find your separate way. With time so short, I'll say so long. And go so soon. Goodbye🎵"

Back inside, the record is slowly tightening the cable.

"🎵You followed me, I followed you. We were like each other's shadows for a while. Now as you see. This game is through. So although it hurts I'll try to smile. As I say…🎵"

Audrey then furiously starts punching the bottle with tears in her eyes while yelling before falling to her knees, devastated. "NO! No, no, no!" Audrey wails with her head and hands on the floor. Olivia looks at her aunt with sadness since she's never seen Audrey cry before (A/n: Audrey had never cried in front of Olivia before) and she goes up to Audrey and says softly "Auntie Audrey.. don't be sad. It's okay. We'll get out of here somehow" and Audrey looks at Olivia and then says in despair "I don't know Olivia... I don't think there's a way out" and puts her head back down, seemingly that she had lost all hope. Olivia frowned sadly at her aunt before hugging her from behind while looking at Dawson and Basil. "Wh-wh-what did he mean an engagement in Buckingham Palace?" Dawson asked and Basil sighs and then answers him, seemingly unconcerned "Haven't you figured it out yet, Doctor? The Queen's in danger and the Empire's doomed".

This caught Audrey's attention as she looked up in shock and was concerned as she and Dawson both exclaimed "The Queen?!?".