The Battle of Big Ben

Narrator's POV

After Ratigan flees with Audrey, Basil immediately takes action and says "Hurry, Dawson!" and he leads Dawson, Olivia and Flaversham outside and spots Ratigan's dirigible as he points up "There he goes!" and then Basil climbs up a flag pole and shouts down to the others "Dawson! Flaversham! Gather up those balloons" and pointed over to a dozen balloons tied to the palace gate and as Dawson, Olivia and Flaversham move to take them while Basil begins to lower the Union Jack down.

Meanwhile, a storm is approaching as Fidget pedals the dirigible while Ratigan is in the front steering. Audrey somehow manages to get her arms out of the ropes before she bravely walks up to Ratigan. "Just you wait! Basil's smarter than you! He will win! He's going to put you in jail and you will rot in there like the common rat you are!" Audrey shouts at him in anger and Ratigan turns to face Audrey as he looks really angry. "Would you kindly sit down and SHUT UP?!" Ratigan yelled as he backhand slaps Audrey in the face, sending her flying back while knocking her over a stool and into the wall.

Ratigan turns and sees the British flag flying in front of him, blocking his path. Fidget cowers as it moves higher. Basil has taken the flag, the balloons, and a sliding match box for him, Dawson, Olivia and Flaversham to fly in. Audrey sees this and smiles while Ratigan sneers and turns the dirigible as Fidget begins to pedal faster. "Let her go, chaps!" Basil shouts and on that cue, Dawson and Flaversham release air from an open balloon, closing the distance between them and Ratigan easily. "Basil!" Audrey shouts as Ratigan leads them around roofs and chimneys, up and around a statue of Lord Nelson, and straight ahead towards the Tower Bridge. Fidget pedals as fast as he can as Ratigan steers the dirigible just below the bridge. Dawson braces himself for a crash, but at the last moment, they move downward, just missing it. Up ahead, Fidget stops pedaling as he was out of breath and exhausted. Ratigan glares at his assistant as the bat hops inside and gestures towards Audrey. "We have to– lighten the load" Fidget squeakily says. "Oh, you want to lighten the load! Excellent idea!" Ratigan said as Fidget snickers at Audrey, making her back against the wall as Fidget starts approaching Audrey, but Ratigan seizes him by the ears and tosses him over instead.

"No! Not me! I can't fly! I can't fly!" Fidget screamed desperately as he falls to a watery death in the hames, making Audrey gasped in horror by this. Ratigan then hops on the propeller and moves forward. However, Basil and the others have finally caught up and the detective is preparing to jump as he says "Steady!" before he jumps off and catches the tail of the aircraft, swinging forward. Ratigan ducks as Basil's feet just miss him and Audrey sees Basil before exclaiming with a relieved smile on her face "Basil!".

"Don't worry, my lady! I got you!" Basil says to her before Audrey looks forward and suddenly lets out a terrified scream "AAAAAAAH!!!" with Ratigan at the pedal, there was no one steering and they were heading directly towards Big Ben! Ratigan looks forward too before also screaming as well "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" and then...

CRASH!!

On the mouse-made hot air balloon, all Dawson, Olivia and Flaversham can do is stare at the empty dirigible hanging from the hole and pray that their friends are alright.

3rd POV

Inside the clock tower, Basil awakens and rubs his neck, then stares in shock and amazement at the gears and cogs surrounding him. Creeping up unnoticed behind him is Ratigan, his left fist poised, ready to knock Basil down, while the other hand is clamped over Audrey's mouth. The young woman struggles and finally pulls Ratigan's hand off her mouth. "Basil, look out!" Audrey screamed as Basil turn, but Ratigan knocks him down. Basil rolls and catches the ends of the rotating gear, trying to pull himself back up as Ratigan prepares to deliver another blow. But before he could even do that, Audrey bites his hand, making Ratigan scream in pain giving Basil the opportunity to climb up the gear and seize the professor's cape and tangle it between two gears. Ratigan drops Audrey to hold onto his cape to keep from getting strangled, but succeeds in kicking her off the gear.