6

Danielle

"My cousin should be here tomorrow!" Hyein smiles at haerin and I. "What's her name?" We both ask hyein. "Her name is Kim minji. She is in our grade and actually she was planning on coming to our school, for me of course!" Hyein flicks her hair to her back. Haerin and I nod.

"Can we go home now? It's dark and we are still at the school...and I'm hungry." Hyein pouts and Haerin and I chuckle before we all part ways to our homes.

"Danielle!" Haerin calls my name as I reach the front door to my house. I turn around, meeting her gaze, "Yes Haerin~a?" I ask. She walks up to me, she's standing a few feet away from me, looking scared. "What's wrong? Why are you scared?" I ask while stepping closer to her and rubbing her shoulders softly with my hands going up and down.

"Danielle...i- i-" Haerin sighs in frustration as she continues to stutter before me. "Slow down Haerin. Whatever it is, you can tell me." I show a small smile to her. She looks into my eyes and grabs my hands, wrapping them around her waist. "Danielle...i-i- I like you!" She says while placing her head in my shoulder. I freeze, she likes me? Like...as a friend or like like?

"Like like Danielle...not as a friend. I love you as a friend too, don't get me wrong but I- i- developed feelings for you...I'm sorry." Haerin lowers her head, not meeting my brown orbs once after her confession. "Haerin..." I say lowly and she shakes her head.

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have said anything it's just... recently I'm worried about you Danielle! I can't stand that hanni girl near you or her stupid boyfriend and his friends! I don't want anything to happen to you!" Haerin says now looking into my eyes. Her eyes are red and her cheeks are wet from the tears that stream down her face.

"Don't cry Haerin." I smile at her and I hear her let out a small gasp. Do I like Haerin back? I mean sometimes she does make me feel weird things in my stomach? She is really pretty and super kind to everyone but mostly me. The way she smiles too, showing her little cat fangs is so adorable to me. Maybe I do...I should give it a shot? Right?

"What if I hurt you?" I ask Haerin. "What if I break your heart?" I frown while being deep in thought. I would never want to hurt Haerin, she's my best friend. "Danielle...even if you don't feel the same...I still would love to continue our friendship!" She forces a small smile at me. "Yes It would still hurt because I do like you...a lot but eventually I'll get used to being just best friends with you." She says while forcing another smile at me.

I stand there with my arms still wrapped around haerin's waist and her arms are draped over my shoulders. My face is frowned as I still am overthinking about this current situation. "Can I ask you something?" Haerin speaks. I nod. "Do you like me back? As more than a friend?" She asks me while staring deeply into my confused eyes.

After what felt like minutes, but really was seconds, I nod at her question. "You like me back?" She asks with widened eyes. "Yes. I like you Haerin. I like the way your fangy smile can make me feel weird things in my stomach, and how sometimes when you are really close to me, I feel like it's hard to breathe." I say sternly and she smiles at me.

She places a kiss on my cheek and I smile at her. "Can we tell hyein?" She asks me. "Tomorrow we can. A part of me thinks she won't be surprised." I say and Haerin chuckles cutely. "I was pretty obvious." Haerin says. "I know but I always brushed it off." I say and she kisses my cheek again.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning at school okay! Meet me at my locker!" Haerin says while running to her house that is literally just down my street. I watch her leave and finally enter my house.

"Well...I always knew you two would be together!" My mother says as she snacks on a cookie. "MOM!" I say.

-

I walk into the school, going to my locker first before meeting Haerin at her locker. As I'm walking to my locker, I see it is blocked my two students. I squint my eyes and see that it's Hanni and Jake, making out right in front of my locker. "Excuse me." I clear my throat and they stop sucking each other's soul and glare at me. "What do you want dyke? Are you jealous it's me kissing her and not you?" He smirks at me.

"No why would I be jealous? My locker is behind y'all and I need to get my books." I say pointing behind them. He laughs out loud and so does hanni. "Wow. You are really good at lying! I'm so surprised." He laughs again and points to my face. What is something wrong with my face?

"Dani!" I hear my name being called. I turn in the direction of the voice and find Haerin, running up to me with a smile on her face. Well the smile is now down turned as she comes in sight of Jake and hanni in front of me. Haerin puts her hand around my waist, bringing me closer to her. "Are you okay?" She asks me with worried eyes. "No. They are in front of my locker, I was going to get my books then meet with you Haerin~a." I give her a small smile so she understands I wasn't avoiding her, I know she tends to overthink.

"Oh. I was wondering where you were." She nudges my side playfully. "Get a room." Hanni rolls her eyes at haerin and I. "Weren't you guys literally sucking each other's face?" I question and hanni pushes my shoulder. "Jealous?" She asks. "Do you want me to be?" I ask and she freezes. "Ew no! Why would I want a dyke like you to like me! Tsk." She scoffs. "She won't like you because she has a girlfriend." Haerin says as she places a kiss on my cheek, I giggled quietly.

"Oh so now you guys date!?" Hanni practically screams. "Is there a problem?" A girl who is slightly taller than me and Haerin. She has long, dark brown hair and a few strands fall around her face. Her face...she has dark brown eyes and rosy pink, plump lips. "Who are you?" Haerin asks with a red tint on her face. Is she blushing?

"Kim minji. Hyeins cousin." She smiles at us. "You have a beautiful smile." I tell her and she smiles even wider. "Thank you. You must be Danielle." She says to me. I nod my head. She looks over at haerin and her eyes trail up and down her body, "You must be Haerin. Hyein told me the one who looks like a cat is named Haerin." Minji chuckles and Haerin let's out a nervous giggle.

"Oh...I sense love triangle..." Hanni laughs and so does Jake. "Can't wait to see you get your heart broken dyke!" He tried to flick my forehead but minjis hand wraps around his wrist and twist it behind his body. "OW OW! Okay okay! Chill!" He shouts and minji let's go. "Don't touch her." She smiles sweetly and he scoffs.

Jake and hanni walk away from minji, Haerin and I.

"I don't know about y'all but...I sense a love quartet." Hyein comes in to view as she hangs her arms around Haerin and I. "Quartet?" Minji chuckles nervously. "Yep, you, Dani, Haerin and that hanni bitch." Hyein laughs. "Why would hanni be in our love quartet?" I question.

"Gurly pop let me tell you something...she so is jealous of Haerin and minji being all over you, I can feel it. When hyein feels something, she is always right!" Hyein pats herself on the back.

"Did you just talk about yourself in 3rd person?" Haerin rolls her eyes and hyein nods proudly.

So much for Haerin being my girlfriend, seems like we have some obstacles to cross...

************
Love quartet??!?😟