15

Danielle

I collapse onto my knees by the tree, still holding onto my chest area. I look down at the green grass below me, my hand slowly caressing it. Water droplets start to fall. I look up at the sky, only to realize that the bright, shining sun that was visible a few minutes ago is now gone, only dark, grey clouds fill the sky.

Cold water hits my forehead as I'm meeting the gaze with the sky above me. Without realizing, more water runs down my face, but it's not from the rain. I'm crying...

"Why am I crying?!" I say through tears that continue to flow off of my cheeks and onto the now wet grass. Hard, cold water droplets continue to fall from the sky, the rain is much more heavier now, a long with my chest.

"Dani!" Someone shouts from the front of the school. I hear footsteps run towards me but I don't bother looking, I'm still trying to get rid of this heavy weight on my chest area. "Dani!" Haerin's voice fills my ears and she comes and crouches in front of me. Her fingers lift my chin upwards as she stares into my red, swollen eyes. Her eyes widen and she pulls me into a hug. "Danielle, you are crying..." She says lowly and my tears stream down even more. Is it hanni? Is she the reason why I'm crying?

"Haerin~a...my chest...it hurts!" I sob and Haerin's hug tightens even more around my cold body. She pulls out of the hug, "Let's get you back inside." She says and tries to pull me up but I yank my hand away. "No I don't want to go back in the school! If feels so suffocating in there! Like I can't breath..." I say and Haerin sighs. "Want to come to my house then?" Haerin shows me a warm smile and I nod.

"Dani! Haerin!" Minji calls out as she was running to us as well. Minji gasps lightly when she sees my face. "Danielle..." Minji says and holds my hand tightly. "We are going to haerin's house." I say and minji nods. "Guess we all are gonna skip school!" She chuckles to lighten the mood but nothing can lighten me up, not until this pain goes away. I don't even know how to make it go away...

"Let's take my car." Minji says and Haerin and I follow her to her car, all of us cold and soaking wet from the rain.

Did I make her cry? She has never cried...not one bit...I'm such an asshole...

-

"Danielle...how are you feeling?" Minji and Haerin asks me. I look up at them with a tear stained face. "My chest." I say coldly. Minji and Haerin looked taken back by the sudden mood change in my voice, I don't care. I should've just...stayed away from hanni. I knew it was a bad idea...but...I thought she was different at least she seemed different when we were together. She seemed like a totally different hanni, this cheerleader hanni who has the hottest boyfriend and is the leader of the school seemed like it had gone all out the window once we were alone together...once we were opening up to each other...

"Dani?" Haerin snaps her fingers in front of my eyes, I must have been zoning out again.

"You guys want to watch a movie?" Haerin asks us and minji nods. "Haerin~a" I say and Haerin pauses and turns around to meet my stare. She hums as a response. "I think...I'll just go home...I changed my mind..." I say with a hand over my heart still. "Are you sure Dani?" She asks while rubbing my shoulder. I nod and get my things, ready to walk home in the rain, I don't mind.

"See you." I say in my monotone voice and minji and Haerin flash me a sympathetic smile before I disappear behind the front door.

I'm standing outside of haerin's house, watching as the rain pours even harder, the sound of the taps of water hitting against the house fills my ear. And now I stand underneath the water. Time to go home...mom is probably gonna be wondering why I'm not in school...I'll just say I don't feel good, in which I don't.

-

"Danielle? Why are you not at school?" My mother gets up from the couch and observes me. My entire clothes are soaked, my hair is completely wet as well, water is dripping off of me, I'm cold and shivering, yeah-

"I didn't feel good." I say in my monotone voice and my mother lets out a startled gasps. "Sweetie...what's wrong?" She asks me and I shrug my shoulders as I walk past her. "Want to eat something?" She asks me. "No thank. I have no appetite." I say as I head upstairs to the bathroom to take a warm shower.

Hanni

I hate sitting in this damn classroom feeling anxious. Danielle skipped class, the smartest student in the school skipped class because of me. I can't-

"Sir! May I use the restroom?" I stand up from my seat and the teacher nods. When he isn't looking I dart out of the classroom with my school bag, only to bump into Jake. "Hey babe! You skipping too?" He asks while looking a little shocked to see me out here. I frown, I thought he has a class that is all the way on the other side of the school...why is he on this side? I observe Jake as he keeps glancing around, his eyes wandering as if trying to meet a figure.

"What are you doing here?" I question him. "I came to see you duh!" He smiles and opens his arms for a hug but I pull back. "You never come see me when I'm in class." I say and he bites his lower lip. "Hey jakeyyyy!" A female says cutely behind my. "Oh..." She says once she makes eye contact with me. "Yeah...oh?" I mimick her. "You're cheating on me?" I frown at Jake.

"Babe! It isn't like that I was just helping her with assignments from math!" He says. "You literally suck at math as well!" I raise my voice at him. "Oh my god..."I say as I think of how I broke Danielle's heart for this jerk who was Cheating on me the whole time!

"Hanni just...I'm a man with needs! You hardly give them to me and-", "Shut the hell up! We are done Jake. You want needs go ahead she's right there! I didn't even want to satisfy your needs!" I say as I walk away and stop next to the girl. "And chaewon...you should know it's small as hell-" I smile at her and she widens her eyes at my sentence.

I walk out of the school and see hyein playing soccer with some of her friends. "Hyein!" I shout and see her glare at me. "What do you want Hanni?" She asks coldly. "I- um- do you know Danielle's address?" I ask her and she freezes in her spot. "I'm not telling you!" She rolls her eyes, "you already broke her heart! What more do you want?!" Hyein glares.

"Please hyein...I just need to talk to her and explain everything! Please!" I crouch on my knees and her eyes widen as she pulls me up with panic. "Chill! I'm not supposed to give you her address...or number...but don't tell anyone you got it from me, got it?" Hyein asks and I nod too quickly causing blood to rush to my head.

I'm gonna make things right Danielle...I promise!

***************
Jake a hoe