Part 24

The next day... it was 1PM, and you still handt left your bed.

You had been staring up at the ceiling, your mind racing.

"I really need to come up with an answer... it's wrong of me to keep everyone waiting like this."

As you think, your hand slowly gravitates toward your neck. 

You twirl your necklace around in your fingers, thinking about all that had happened the last few weeks.

Han and the rainy day you had spent together.

Jeongin and your trip to the cafe and your fun little photoshoot.

Hyunjin and the birthday party he had planned.

Felix and the cake you had baked together.

Changbin and the thoughtful gift he had given you.

Minho and they way he takes care of you.

And Seungmin and his heartfelt confession.

But through it all, there was only one person that occupied your mind.

You could not deny it... he had waltzed into your life and taken residence in your heart.

As if on cue, you hear a knock on the door, interrupting your train of thought.

"Hey Y/N, are you feeling alright? You haven't left your room for breakfast or lunch." You hear his voice through the door. "I thought you might be sick, so I brought you something to eat... can I come in?"

Just the sound of his voice makes your heart skip a beat. If you didn't confess now, you probably never would.

"Come in!"

You sit up as he enters your room with a tray of food.

"I can't cook very well, so it isn't anything special." Bangchan laughs, passing you the tray and sitting on the bed beside you.

"That's perfectly fine, thank you." You smile. "I'm not sick, but I appreciate your concern."

You look down at the food on your lap, you couldn't look him in the eyes... when you did, you felt your heart in your throat.

"Are you sure you're alright? You look pale..." He questions.

"There's something I really want to tell you, Chan..." You bite your lip, finally building up the courage to look up.

"What is it? You know you can tell me anything." 

"The truth is... ever since we spoke on the steps that night, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you." You feel all of the blood rush to your cheeks as you pour your heart out to Chan. 

"You've been nothing but good to me...and...and..." You continue, struggling to speak. "I've fallen for you! Really, really hard.... please, be with me."

Chan looks away for a moment, a pained expression on his face. 

"Y/N..." He lays a hand gently on your arm. "I..."

He pauses for a moment.

"I'm sorry if you mistook my kindness for something else, but that wasn't my intention..." He sighs, getting up off of the bed. "but i do wish you all of the happiness in the world."

He nods his head lightly before exiting the room and leaving you breathless.